Donnington Kit Show Report

Mitch

Hi All, firstly sorry it was only a flying visit, but due to them not letting me in with the dog ( was told to park at entrance leave dog in car and go in main entrance n pay !!) Jen and amy went looking for local parks to to let Bailey have a run, and I came back in kit, had a chat and a catch up with a few of you, checked out the engine swop, all very hot and busy, I think lots of plasters will be needed by the end, both steve and shaft we both leaking redstuff !!!!!,,,,,,, then on way back to top it all , some feckin arsehole decided to try and throw the remains of there lunch into the MX-5 (roof down its been lovely all day !!) whilst we were driving at 50-60 on the back roads, fortunately there aim was as poor as there IQ and it missed her, but bounced up from the floor hitting me behind in the gtm, , i would have turned round and gave chase, but was more concerned Jen was ok,,, didn't relise she didn't know what had happened, hope you all have great weekend, the weathermen were talking *bleep*s again, just glad we hadn't dragged the trailer tent down and been turned away, should have looked i know, but the dog was with us last year, and went of that, catch you all soon , mitch, PS why wont my bloody return button work ????

It's definitely one to remember that Mitch, wonder how many people will turn up today with dogs and be turned away. Something the organisers need to highlight in their publicity for next year.

Good turn out as usual from RHOCaR, most clubs seemed to have been victims of the weathermen, hopefully a lot more will turn up today. The engine swap was making steady progress and attacting plenty of attention from the punters. Nice to see somebody elses engine on my engine stand instead of mine. I had to leave at 3.30pm to get to work so didn't see if the swap got finished in the first day - any news anybody?

Had a frustrating drive over in the morning due to all the farmers deciding to clog up the A515 on bank holiday Saturday morning, sure they do it on purpose. Much better drive home, the car is finally performing as I hoped it would, mad fast when pushed, pleasurable to drive round town and now not using as much fuel as a typhoon fighter jet, did 129 miles from full and still have a whisker over half an 8 gallon tank left and I wasn't hanging around if I didn't have to.

So get over there today and support those who make these shows happen for us.

Guest mower man

Well after taking notice of the weatherman we went today cracking turn out [didn't count it ] weather a bit cloudy but very warm the lads were hard at it on the engine change one or two minor probs but it was fired up 3.30 ish big smiles all round great to see !, you could have gone away a little longer lads ,Shauns face when you all walked away was brilliant good day for all inc good burgers etc in the Rhocar exec lounge what next ? mower man :clapping: :clapping: :crazy:

Guest zoomzoom

4472CED9_zpsbd4655a6.jpg

CF56E318_zps1d8dbb82.jpg

Really enjoyed Donington today and found a lovely place to have nice gooey,messy, chocolate snack.

Shame it melted so quickly but I sure the stain will polish out

Baxter

Awesome weekend! How the hell can we top what as been achieved this weekend on Shauns car? Fantastic team work all round that not only covered the 2 different RHOCaR locations but also the in between by means of food and drinks for the engine change crew which where massively appreciated. :)

8 more new on the day members signed up also this weekend which can only be testament to how appealing our club is.

A special Humongous !! THANKYOU !! to Andrea who once again produced a culinary masterpiece for the Sat night which fed over 30 people! That is one special lady to manage such a feat from a tent!

(She drinks red wine chaps) ;)

After over eating the main course I then went well past the point of bursting by wolfing down 2 portions of Mo's superb Pear Trifle. :) Again, a culinary masterpiece created in a tent! :)

I was a tad quiet and sleepy on the Sat eve due to my ankle being attacked by some disease ridden vampire insect thingy which resulted in tablets knocking me out! :(

Oh well, at least others got a chance to speak in safety! :p

Looking forward to the National meet now at Hollowell in September, so see you all soon guys.

:) :drinks: :)

• Like 2

great weekend as usual shaun got home safe and sound me and simon followed all the way got half to woodall service and a ht lead popped out the dizzy quick stop checked water which was fine and put ht lead back on and away we was again.was nice meeting new and catching up with already met members. :crazy: and andrea and them that supplied the garlic bread many thanks for the grub again we need a little donation pot next time like we do for the cuppas and burgers or bottles of red for her lol but after she has done the food :acute:

blimey where do I start, well after a bad start to Friday, with one of my staff having to have an ambulance, then once that was sorted and he was ok, my youngest Matthew decided to face plant a kerbstone...... after getting him medical attention and getting the all clear myself, Emma and my boys headed for Donnington, stopping one the way to meet up with Nick (shaft) and Rob (cma). We landed at Donnington and with in minutes we were at the camp area, unhooked the caravans, took all the parts required for the rebuild to the exhibition hall, grabbed some food and settled down in the event shelter for a night of seeing friends we haven't seen since previous shows. The banter and shenanigans during the evening as always entertained all. The next day we had the mad dash to set up both RHOCaR stands, the outdoor stand and the engine rebuild stand. Once setup numerous members got into overalls and soon became the RHOCaR Smurfs. With all the tools ready and waiting the team began the rebuild task.

Just about every member who attended the show helped, from the rebuild to fetching bits, feeding and watering the build team to running the outdoor stand. The support given by all was brilliant, made me proud to be part of this great club. The build stand drew a lot of attention and was viewed by many who attended the show. lots of advice was given and gratefully received on the stand.

Saturday night came round and the RHOCaR camp was treated to a fantastic bolognaise dinner cooked by Ivan and Andrea and a trifle desert provided by Sylvia and Bob (we cannot thank you four enough, it was gorgeous) the event shelter had a slight bit less of a buzz Saturday due to the fact that everybody was stuffed to the brim with the fantastic 2 course meal provided and being knackered after running about all day.

Sunday became the big push to get the car running, the car stand was a hive of activity with hardly time to pause for a brew, Bob, Sylvia, Chris, Becky and Tasha had a busy day at the Club stand, loads of visitors, burger flipping, feeding the car stand crew, signing up new members and making sure the RHOCaR stand was, as always, the best stand around.

After a long and hectic day Shauns car got completed, a few niggles tested the mechanical experience of all involved, but, Shaun drove away from the show in his car under its own steam (whether he got home in it...... I really don't know yet).

Everybody rallied round to strip and clean the hall space, Becks, Chris, Bob, Sylvia, Tasha and Emma stripped the Club stand down and all was returned to the camp site to load into the appropriate vehicles.

To be honest i think it would be distasteful to pick people out to thank individually, so i want to thank all involved in this weekends event, you have really made me so proud to be part of the this club.

As always i will have missed loads of stuff out, i will pop some pictures up later.

Thank you RHOCaR for a great weekend

Hi All, firstly sorry it was only a flying visit, but due to them not letting me in with the dog ( was told to park at entrance leave dog in car and go in main entrance n pay !!) Jen and amy went looking for local parks to to let Bailey have a run, and I came back in kit, had a chat and a catch up with a few of you, checked out the engine swop, all very hot and busy, I think lots of plasters will be needed by the end, both steve and shaft we both leaking redstuff !!!!!,,,,,,, then on way back to top it all , some feckin arsehole decided to try and throw the remains of there lunch into the MX-5 (roof down its been lovely all day !!) whilst we were driving at 50-60 on the back roads, fortunately there aim was as poor as there IQ and it missed her, but bounced up from the floor hitting me behind in the gtm, , i would have turned round and gave chase, but was more concerned Jen was ok,,, didn't relise she didn't know what had happened, hope you all have great weekend, the weathermen were talking *bleep*s again, just glad we hadn't dragged the trailer tent down and been turned away, should have looked i know, but the dog was with us last year, and went of that, catch you all soon , mitch, PS why wont my bloody return button work ????

It was good to see you Mitch, downer about the dog rule, which annoyingly didn't apply to all, as we saw a couple of dogs on the Saturday and more on the sunday, i think clearer rules need to be printed.

Nice to meet a few of you and put names to faces. Congrats on the engine change, when I saw you all at 13:30 I wouldn't have put money on it getting completed :) Hope to touch base with a few more at the next meet

Cheers

What a fantastic weekend, I agree with all the above posts and again want to thank Andrea,Ivan, Bob and Sylvia for a wonderful meal on Saturday night.

I'd just like to add the security for the kids was amazing

IMG_1685_zps151bb1d9.jpg

Yep,

Echo the above. No photo's from me, guess I was too busy polishing and cleaning all weekend :rofl: :rofl:

Think my reputation has been enhanced somewhat this weekend, not quite sure why :crazy: :acute:

What an achievement though....we were the busiest stand in the hall (both sides of the barriers) Great relief to get her started and that Shaun actually drove back to Doncaster with no major issues.

As usual the night time antics were as good as the daytime ones (Disco Si doing the rain dance when applying insect repellant over bites, and Andy loosing his legs in the event shelter :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ) Saturday night was quiet by the usual standards but think this was down to the fact that most of us were knackered.

Think I will probably sleep for the rest of the week now. But glad and proud to be apart of such a cracking club...... :clapping: