Donnington Kit Show Report

Mitch

I had great fun helping with the engine change both days! I actually came home dirtier than some steam rallies i go to!!! so that shows what a good I had!! :)

It was also good to meet members face to face and get to know them in person...people I've seen on the forum for ages and never spoken to in person before this weekend!!

It was also good to see everyone sitting around together on Saturday night in one big group instead of lots of little groups!!

Very proud to be a member of rhocar!!

hi all, Monday afternoon and just got home, had a fantastic weekend starting on Thursday evening and finishing today(3 different campsites) agree with all other posts about donington, probably biggest and best turn out of cars and members over the whole weekend, lots of campers on both nights and as for the food on Saturday night was a club effort with others contributing with what they could, not just andrea and myself doing it all (we can't do garlic breads), we see it as being a way that the club members can all have a get together in one group and put names to faces,have a chat, and a good laugh, a big thanks to mo and bob for dessert two big trifles in a tent was quite an achievement, THANK YOU, good to hear shaun got home ok with no issues, and to top it all off we have done about 180 miles this weekend bobbing about here and there (I know it's not much compared with some members) without a single problem, again that's thanks to a fantastic helpful club(who sorted my mechanical problems out) of which i'm proud to be a member of, thank you all, now looking forward to the national meet, cheers ivan and andrea (and yes she does like the odd bottle of red now and then)

Thank you to all that jump started and push startedy car this weekend. You will all be pleased to know after a trip to euro car parts this morning I now have a new battery and only £22.50. Can't beat a bit of members discount

Thank you to all that jump started and push startedy car this weekend. You will all be pleased to know after a trip to euro car parts this morning I now have a new battery and only £22.50. Can't beat a bit of members discount

especially as it's only taken you 9 months!! ;)

• Like 1

great day on sat and great food sat eve thanks all for that, great to hear that the car got sorted .

i had a prob with the van and had to leave early to try to get it sorted, not sorted so waste of a day wish i had stayed.

graham

Guest chris brown

What a great weekend thanks to all for the banter but especially to Andrea and Mo for the food on Saturday night. A very different show experience (never been to a show before and had my hands oily for the whole weekend) but one I would have hated to have missed. Glad to hear Shaun got home ok.

BTW The Daimler never missed a beat on the way home but I kept below 50mph so I think some serious flushing out will have to be done shortly.

That was a weekend I will never forget loads of traffic up on Friday night had conversations with lorry drivers on M1 then when I arrived at show ground got stuck behind nicks ( shafts Jago ) .

post-697-0-19234300-1377544531_thumb.jpg

I also got eaten alive on Friday night , thanks for the great Banta and the lovely food Andrea and Mo sat night

post-697-0-23409800-1377544540_thumb.jpg

I enjoyed helping out where I could on the engine swap learned loads of what to look out for and how to strip a pinto. The members where like pigs in Sh** they enjoyed it so much. Reminds me of sooty and sweep at Hollywell.

The confidence Nick had when we noticed an exhaust stud was snapped in the head in removing it and cleaning out the thread was a wonder to watch.

Sorry I did not see Shaun drive out but did see it start.

Great team

Stephen

Part of the engine change team with the almost completed article. All running just the nose and bonnet to put on.

post-1461-0-46127200-1377463249_thumb.jpg

More pics to follow once I have had chance to sort them out.

Is it possible to identify all the volunteers on the photo then we can all put faces to the names we see on this forum

Fantastic weekend just shows what a gang of mates can do. This club builds friends for life.thank you to all how we're involved and also all that came to support us, the support given this weekend just shows what a amazing club this is.

"Is it possible to identify all the volunteers on the photo then we can all put faces to the names we see on this forum"

Well here goes, but please, please note there were many more hands and faces that helped during the weekend which are not in this photo....

All of which worked bloody hard.

post-2721-0-94224900-1377548201_thumb.jpg

From Left to right

Phil Shelton, Nick (Shaft), Steve (Stevedohc2b),Me/Terry (Tazzzzman/ Mr Sheen), Chris (Tractor/ Arkwright), Simon (Disco Si), Nick (Nicko), Richard (Steamer)

A rather pleased Shaun and son sat in the car.