Newbie Looking For Help

Guest BarrieF

Guest BarrieF

Hi guys just new to site and looking for any one with a copy of the build video or dvds for a 2b bought the car from a guy got it home had to strip it and start over as it was in a state now ready to put it back together and could be doing with a copy of the video had got in contact with GBS thinking they would have a build manual told me the car came with videos not manual cheers Barrie

Welcome Barrie, you're in the right place for assistance mate. :)

I personally haven't had any dealings with the build of a 2B but there's plenty on here who can help.

The video is renown for being a bit comedy in its usefulness though. ;)

They were at best a basic guide and you had to apply a lot of common sense on top. Probably better for you to ask specific questions as you hit problems as I doubt the videos would be of much realistic help. If it has been assembled (was it on the road?) then it probably wants to go back together largely in the same way it was but with whatever changes you felt were needed which made you take it apart.

Iain

Guest BarrieF

Hi guys thanks for replying to me so quickly Iain the car has been on the road but when l bought it the car had been put away in a garage for about 2yrs i got it home to find it had been wired together with orange cable from what i can only say came from a black and decker lawn mower and chop blocks. At that stage i started to strip the car the car has went back together but i fell that there are bits missing. like on the floor where the seat bolts in. the way the seat is positioned there was only 3 bolts holding it in straight to the floor but on the under side of the car there dose'nt seem to be any supports its just the stainless steel floor. There are more things to but as i get to them i shall post them all input is welcome cheers guy

Barrie

Guest chris brown

You say it has been on the road but if it is as bad as you say my first question is, how is it described on the V5? Is it a Robinhood 2 seat sports or is it still on the donor V5?

As for the videos I have a set but has others have said they are 12 hours (yes 12 hours) of not much information and you will need an old VHS recorder to play them. But if you still want them PM me with your details and I will send them.

Guest BarrieF

Its a Robinhood on the V5 dont get me wrong when you look at the car it looks good but when you really get into it its a mess like the inside side panels where made from 6mm plywood I have now changed it to ally and fixed it to the frame and floor.

Your two examples are probably good ones to show how little help the videos would be as I don't remember anything in the videos about mounting the seats or interior panels.

When I built mine there was a short length of angle-iron supplied to fit the ends of the handbrake cables to. I replaced that with a longer length which went all the way across the car under the floor picking up on the plates that the rear beam mounts to at the outer edges. The rear bolts for the seats went through it and I welded nuts to it to accept the harness bolts - it also served the original purpose of locating the front end of the handbrake cable. At the front of the seats I used a piece of angle at each side which the front pair of seat mounting bolts went through - no reason for that to be angle really as it's just a spreader plate to prevent the front bolts from pulling through the floor in the event of a crash.

Iain

Guest chris brown

You are correct Iain as with lots of bits there was no instructions I did similar to you. As with other things Richard S (Robin Hood owner at the time) when asked his answer was always said "you'll find a way".

Guest kwakatim

Hi Newbie also only mine has no registration so I have to build up for SVA test did you get the dvd converted video as I would like to obtain one and how is your build going cheers Tim

Hi Tim my build is slow as i keep coming across things i dont like and sometimes think i wish i had bought one and started fresh as for build dvds if you ask Simon B who has put a

reply on this page he will send you out dvds as long as you cover the postage i have watched the first two and already had one of my questions answered the drivers seat is only held in by 3 studs because of where the back axle mount is this is something i want to change on mine by repositioning the seat and putting a heavy gauge stainless plate under seat and on to floor. dont get me wrong the dvd are very basic and you do get a good laugh at them but as for a reference and putting you mind at rest i am glad ave got them nice to hear from you and please keep in touch with how your getting on Cheers Barrie