Registration Information

Guest mastarforth

Guest mastarforth

Hi all,

Just a bit of information I have had form DVLA today,

When you send all your documents to DVLA to register your car (it now needs to be sent to Swansea for Registration not your local office) they will request a "Certificate of newness" and this should include the Chassis number

I am not sure if GBS now give a chassis number but I know under Robin hood when my 2B was built they did not.

This needs sent with all of the receipts to proof of age/ newness etc to allow DVLA to decide if they need to do a "Build up inspection"

The one thing i have not managed to find out is if this is required, where will it take palce now, willthis be Swansea or at a local VOSA station.

Just thought it was worth sharing to speed registrations.

Thanks

Andrew

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jonesv77

Hi Andrew, I have just built a 2B and sent all the paperwork off (3 weeks ago) and have just had a letter back off the DVLA as you say asking for a certificate of newness. I am only after an age related plate and had a receipt (copy) from GBS that stated what the chassis was. Do you know if I need to get GBS to sort a certificate out? Why so complicated!!! Thanks Vaughn

Guest mastarforth

I am sure GBS will supply

It is just another bunch of muppets working at Dvla and the computer says no! At least before this so called progress occurred you could talk face to face with the local office

This is crazy

I would ask gbs if the can provide!

I for one would expect the manufacturers to begin to issue the main invoices stating that the chassis is new when it is bought for the sake of adding one word to the receipt, this certainly is becoming a criteria on all forums at the moment

• 1 month later...

I have just rung the DVLA as I also recieved a letter asking for confirmation that the chasis was new and its number. As I started building the car 10 yrs ago, there is no chasis number and GBS records do not go back that far. I was told they needed this information regardless of what registration you wanted (new or age related). I really can not see what the problem is, if you bought a brand new kit or a second hand one. If I can't prove to them the chasis was new, then it looks like I just wasted 10 yrs of my life and a lot of money. All this officious clap trap has put me off ever building another one!!

Thanks Richard,

I gave GBS a call and they seem baffled by this as the chasis number had to be there for the IVA. Seems like I have someone who does not know what they are doing at the DVLA.

Nige