Pre-Iva Tire Kicking

WallerZ

'Red conductor' - I think Bob is referring to the rear light wiring which looks like its passing though the boot panel without a grommet.

A couple of others:

The door sills are still exposed. Unless you intend to cover these you have a sharp edge at the top of the side panel, same applies to the rear compartment panel behind the seats .

The fold around section of the scuttle where it meets the door sill looks to expose a sharp edge

The bottom edge of the dashboard at each side will need a radius trim

When you tidy the wiring away check to see if you have any edges on the inside of the firewall that the tester can hit with his ball in the passenger well. e.g. In my case it was the corner of the ECU

If you can get hold of the original steering wheel that is supposed to be on the car, it gets round the problem of aftermarket steering wheels.

Note though, if you have the horn on a switch on the dash AND a symbol on the steering wheel, they must both work OR cover the one on the steering wheel with some black tape (which I did for the Sierra wheel)

All wires that go through panels must be grommeted.

Simon.

I'm going to have to pad it, the horn is on the wheel and with the quick release, was a pain to get done. Will see if I can pick one up dirty cheap to borrow or use though.

Shore 50 is a durability rating. Sounds like if I whack on some form or rubber or padding it will have to prove that it is shore 50 rated :/

Hi WallerZ,

Looking at the photos, it looks like you have used the wing mirrors from GBS, that state they are IVA approved. They are NOT. mine failed as the knuckle and nut at the mirror end did not have a good enough radius. I have had to find some very large heatshrink (two different sizes) to cover the knuckle and nut. Looks pants but will get past.

Nige

GBS mirrors meet size requirement, however in some positions the adjuster nuts can be caught by the testing ball.

as they are adjusters, and therefore may require slackening and re tightening, testers do not normaly like shrink rap as it has to be cut off and is not re usable.

strip the mirror, cut the top a trusty nut cover, and slid into position, rebuild mirror, adjust and slide covers over nuts.

cut off after passing test :D

GBS mirrors meet size requirement, however in some positions the adjuster nuts can be caught by the testing ball.

as they are adjusters, and therefore may require slackening and re tightening, testers do not normaly like shrink rap as it has to be cut off and is not re usable.

strip the mirror, cut the top a trusty nut cover, and slid into position, rebuild mirror, adjust and slide covers over nuts.

cut off after passing test :D

That's a good idea for the nut, but mine failed on the knuckle, and there is no position you can put the mirror into that would be usable and avoid the test ball.