Headlights

Guest Darren2010

Guest Darren2010

I'm probably going to make this way more complicated than it is!!

I have no main beam. I have side lights and headlight dipped, no flash main beam with or without lights on! Headlights go out when I push stalk down for constant main beam but don't change when I flash?!

Relay?

Any advise much appreciated

Darren.

Guest Darren2010

To be honest I don't really know. Only had the car a few months, it's not the best build, and I've not really done much to it yet. Everything else seems to work except main beam! Even the warning light on the dash comes on!

Sounds like there is power in there somewhere for the warning light to be working. Try checking your fuses, earthing from the lights themselves. If you have the sierra loom the main beam is activated by the earth from one of the lights going back to the change over relay.

With Full beam on, the dipped beam will go off. When you flash, dipped beam stay on. (Ford wiring Loom). This is correct. However, I had a problem with the stalk which was not making proper contact on occasions, so I would not get full beam.

Nige

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Darren2010

To all who had a look at my dodgy headlights at the national meet!! It was a dodgy connection on the relay and it's sorted now. Thanks for trying though.

Darren