Roll Cage

biksz

• 2 weeks later...

As a biker I would say that you are in as good a place as I am in respect of an accident. if you built/bought a lightly built performance car as an alternative to a fast bike the only area of 'safety' that four wheels is likely to give you is the capacity not to fall over at traffic lights when you put your foot down on mud/oil/diesel/ice/grit etc.

In most road conditions (as per mud, ice, oil, diesel, loose grit, wet manhole covers, wet white lines, autumnal leaves, large road kill etc) you will have the same capability to slide off the road as I have on my bike, the biggest difference is that you will be carrying rather a lot more mass into the scenery and strapped into this whirling piece of metalwork you may physically suffer rather more badly.

Simply drive according to the conditions - sure you can go bonkers on a race track but if you don't have a roll bar or other safety equipment you just have to drive within your limits, there will be run off areas to cope with any slides if you get too daring, but its quite possible to flip or have another other freak accident (wheel bearing failure etc etc) that can ruin your day, which a 'pukka' roll bar might ameliorate..

I think I am saying if you haven't got a serious roll bar, side protection, be aware and be careful..

Happy motoring!