Sub Loom

Guest robbie

Guest robbie

Have 2.0l injected pinto engine in robin hood sub k that is now modified with twin 40 delortto carbs instead of injection system, I am using Vicky Green loom.

do i still use original sub loom? does anyone know what wiring is required for this sub loom? Help!!!

Guest stevey

are you still using the electronic distributor with the electronics?if so the 2 white wires should supply power to your box if not a distributor with points and condensor may be easier to fit by manifold (go for a bosch unit they are smaller and fit better that is what I have done see tacho post for details

Steve

Don't go back to points, that's like going back to the horse & cart. Get a system from an early (83-85 'ish) Sierra. Dizzy, coil, & module and that's it. There are only 3 wires into it from the main loom, with it's own small sub loom (& I mean small) that join them all together. nothing to it.

This is a piccy of the module.

post-8-1050954960.jpg

There's an idiots guide to fitting this system in this months Classic Ford mag it goes through what you need and how to wire it (also which cars you need to target at the scrapyard).

There's also a guide to Weber carbs as fitted to Fords through the ages with pics pro's/con's and another targetting guide.

Iain