Throttle Bodies Or Gbs Plenum?

neil's

Hi,

Probably been asked load on here but is it worth spending the extra on AT throttle bodies or jenvey etc

Just wondering which would be best for generally road use with the odd track day chucked in or would i be better off spending the extra £600 on other bit for the car. somebody said the plenum gives better torque than the throttle bodies?

Thanks

neil

Unless you're planning to go mental on the engine tuning, or just want the induction hammer of the TB's, I'd stick with a conventional plenum. Easier to duct cool air to, less faff and I could believe the claim that the torque is better (although you can probably improve this with tuning the trumpet lengths on the TBs). Put it like this, I could think of better things to spend £600 on for sure. But if you're in it for a 200bhp+ lump in the long term, then TBs make more sense. Probably with an airbox - so even more expense :D ;)

I have the GBS plennum on mine and it made 167bhp on a recent trip to a rolling road. The jenvies are supposed to give about 175bhp so not a lot of real difference. I can't comment on if the jenvies are any better from a driving perspective as I have only driven my car. Certainly more than adequate for road use.