200Bhp+

Guest djenh

Hi ive got a 2.0 ltr zetec black top in my 2b im wanting to tune it to 200bhp or over its currently got fzr 600 carbs with non standard jets and a magajolt ecu.what would you recommend?

To tune a Duratec to 200bhp is a simple pair of cams and throttle bodies

To tune a Zetec needs head work

Both will end up costing similar but the Duratec has more to give

I would do a lot more research into the full costs

Rods and forged pistons will be needed to go +200

Your carbs would just do for 200bhp and properly setup should be adequate mid range. Throttlebodies would be smoother at part throttle. I think the zetec makes a good engine to tune to 200 but any more is expensive. Stage 3 head with bigger valves and good work on the exhaust ports and raise CR, decent exhaust system, 285 ish cam, ARP bolts in big ends and flywheel and uprated clutch and you should be there.

Nigel

Guest chrispine

Next supercharger up is the Eaton M62, has electromagnetic clutch so can be switched on and off, this makes it difficult/expensive to change the pulley but usually some on Ebay, they are fitted to some 2.3 Mercs. M45's used for 1.8 BMW's as upgrade, I think 1.8 is about the biggest the M45 will work with, also used on mini's.