K-Series Gbs Zero

brumster

Id be very happy with that fail sheet, like you say all minor things so well done. For the retest do they only check the things it failed on or the entire car again?

Edited by magh

Yup, pretty good result, although I would agree the guy sounds pretty picky - you could have fixed most of them on the spot?

What do you mean when you say 'nosecone floorline'? I put trim on the sides of the nose (it actually looks better with the trim on, IMO) but nowhere else.

I'm pretty sure my battery cable isn't supported every 300mm - I though that rule was just for brake lines?

Yup, pretty good result, although I would agree the guy sounds pretty picky - you could have fixed most of them on the spot?

What do you mean when you say 'nosecone floorline'? I put trim on the sides of the nose (it actually looks better with the trim on, IMO) but nowhere else.

I'm pretty sure my battery cable isn't supported every 300mm - I though that rule was just for brake lines?

Most of them, yes, but the speedo and fog light problems were just going to have to be at-home things so it removed any point in rushing or begging to fix stuff there and then. And we were pushed for time once we'd done a few runs on the emissions.

The nosecone is the very bottom edge of the nosecone, closest to the road/floor. What you'd slice people's feet off with. He dragged out a big cone which is to measure pedestrian impacts, I guess, and it came into touch with that lower leading edge of the nosecone... *just*. It was a very close thing. So I have to run some edge trim around that lower edge, basically.

The whole 'sharp edges' thing is a joke - like magh said, if you got hit at any speed high enough where they might be an issue, you'd have a lot more pressing concerns than some scratches; like, 'where's my other leg gone' , etc.

That edge on the nosecone? Seriously? It's hardly sharp and so obscured - crazy!

Love the Stormtrooper look :D

Interesting place to put your mirrors - did you not want them in the screen supports?

Well, truth be told I'd rather have had some small little mirrors hanging off the supports, yes, but I don't believe any of them would get through IVA. Also, fitting them in the screen supports would have made a bit more work IVA-proofing the supports themselves. Who knows, maybe in the future they might change ;) as long as they don't get in the way of sidescreens...!

Finished most of the IVA fails - just the wipers to adjust in the week now (bit of bending and adjusting needed). Most of the jobs are pretty inconsequential really - tie up a wire or host, or put some edge trim on this or that.

The front leading edge that failed... now with rubber edging strip glued in place.

wDmm77OU-3UPF0XuvMXkbLUtbFfoh1tG1VP3v-Wz

He comments that the mirrors were shaking around a little bit so I went and re-did the backing plates in a new "uber" design, twice as wide and now sporting a massive 40mm washer. This really clamps up now; the side mirrors are as rigid as I think you could realistically get them!

bl2YYhsHkSxHborAbwtdffgATJhjYe-7jshfRcxw

Had to edge-trim the display/gauges as the edge wasn't rounded enough. I doubt this will stay on long post-IVA; there is no way your head is impacting this if you're wearing your harnesses!

aWh-nxMy8yFuhSWvwAKdqPjKTcKmUuMEIxxKhx6B

Made a little plate to hold a zip-tie to secure the starter cable mid-way down it's run. Personally I would rather have this dangling in free air and allowed to move/flex over a longer stretch of cable than it now does but, pffft, what do I know :-/

-ETD9Qu__Z7FHcgyN1MOkwWB3ZGDJ8tZBDv5Fn4h

And uprouted/re-routed a fuel pipe because it passed over the top of the coil pack. So now it goes round the back of it. I have no idea what the basis for this argument is but I'm all a bit "meh" about it, to be honest!

8vf48xjWBHVAS9s4tkW24rAlrZpkgShLk_YToOOg

No, I'm not cleaning it, it's just going to get f**king filthy again going to the re-test so I'm not going to waste my time :D !

Edited by brumster