K-Series Gbs Zero

brumster

Wow. He doesnt like you! Gutted for you but a new mirror and bit of trim is easy enough to sort.

Will you have to pay for a re-retest?

No, 30 minute freebie apparently.... all he's got to do is drive it around the car park, I think.

• Like 1

I used Car Builder Solutions edge trim number TRMSBU as it's self adhesive and follows a tight curve. I also gave up with the readily available rear view mirrors and fitted a genuine Ford one - no problems with vibration from that one!

• Like 1

I used that exact mirror stuck on the scuttle and had no problem in my IVA - I had no rear view out of it either, just the rollbar and sky...

I used the basic edge trim from GBS for my arches and I got it round the corners OK. I actually think it looks better with the trim on.

At least he's not charging you for the re-test....

Almost done... hang on in there... :-)

• Like 1

Wow, thanks all! Richyb, I'll take you up on your offer if you can find it ;) otherwise I have some here I could probably make use of along with the hot glue gun :-/ ...

Some excellent pointers and morale boosts there - cheers.

The rear view mirror (interior) is obligatory unless it does not provide any rearward vision... ie. it's view would be blocked by some sort of bulkhead, or the car has no rear window (in the case of a tintip/van/etc). So, in our case, it's obligatory unfortunately. I've no issue, I do want one after all (how else am I expected to check the dispatching of tin tops away from the lights ;) ?). Just annoyed at myself for breaking the replacement on the day, I think. I was minutes away from a pass (the other items I could have sorted there and then if need be, albeit not very prettily) but for this fricking mirror mount!

Made up some damper top covers, come down and cover the edge of the top spring seat and the spring itself, which is the edge the examiner was picking up on...

hzHoBqzbk3v-3o_Y4DAqpV0JzZ-ICLUEzdAUoirUm39SPFM_nbei2FCKp6ZOF2iNto89-KrLkNRPUBzG

...and thanks to Richyb66, he's given me some edge trim for the arches that's a little more flexible than the stuff I had before. It makes a better job of the corners, although to be honest it's still very difficult to get the stuff to bend perfectly around them. I had to get the flatting disc out and shape the arch corners to be a longer, more flowing curve than original, and had to heat it up a fair bit to get it pliable enough to fold around the corner. It's not visually perfect, but it'll do the job....

V_05n2UrHUp7_jK23jMO4B0y2UZwhZ0qUXZAHNEO

Just waiting on the rear view mirror off eBay now.

If anyone has a known good, solid, decent rear view mirror that doesn't flap about on it's mount that they want to sell me, I'm all ears, drop me a PM ;)

• Like 1

Mirror : sorted

Re-test : booked

Wallet down another £90 just for someone to look at a f**king mirror : sorted

I suppose that teaches me to book a test just before the christmas break...

God the beaurocracy of this country infuriates me at times.

• Like 4