New Tool To Play With

megadodo

I spent most of the day tidying, moving boxes to the shed with a view to getting my latest tool in place. One portable hydraulic scissor car lift. Finally got it in but moving it around on my rough concrete yard is "fun". I need to look at a better way as I want to able to move it in and out of the garage easily.

DSCF2729s.jpg

DSCF2730s.jpg

It goes more than high enough in my garage and if I was to lift my kit car to the top of the travel I'll have to take the screen off! You use the power unit to lift and move the whole thing around.

Although it sits very low when down......

DSCF2731s.jpg

......I had to put my 2B on to the wheel dollies to get it over the lift. I feel some 4 by 8 planks of wood are required. It should go under our daily drives easily enough but the kit has very little clearance!

DSCF2732s.jpg

The lift speed is more than adequate, best dosh I've spent in ages!

I've still got a flyer for that - It seems to have gone DOWN in price compared to that though.

http://www.bhrepairs.co.uk

Tel 07879 601139

But the flyer's price was £1278 (That said, it includes delivery and VAT)

Not sure where they are based though. (That was on my wish list too - but couldn't justify the price. :) )

Simon.

I seen this advertised in a mag but can't remember which one thought it was a great idea. Tried to google Kee components in Chelmsford but get nothing. Quite fancy one myself

I seen this advertised in a mag but can't remember which one thought it was a great idea. Tried to google Kee components in Chelmsford but get nothing. Quite fancy one myself

The one I quoted above is similar to the one bought. Not sure if there are any extra bits or not. The video looks impressive though. :)

Simon.

this is something I'm interested in too, picked up the flyer at one of the shows where they were doing demonstrations, would deffinatly need to build up the floor to get the Exmo over it though.

I recently found a company selling these, 4 post and 2 post ramps at various prices and was supprised how cheep 2 post lifts are. would need a higher garage though.

this is something I'm interested in too, picked up the flyer at one of the shows where they were doing demonstrations, would deffinatly need to build up the floor to get the Exmo over it though.

I recently found a company selling these, 4 post and 2 post ramps at various prices and was supprised how cheep 2 post lifts are. would need a higher garage though.

2nd hand 2 posters fetch very little, non 3 phase ain't easy to get tho

It's possible to run 3 phase motors from single phase by using a capacitor to make one leg of the motor out of step with the other two ; if the wiring of motor is in Delta or can be rewired to delta. Some motors have the connection points between windings buried in the coils so this conversion can be very difficult or impossible. The biggest problem may be the conversion of the control wiring & all the safety interlocks.