Brise Starter Motor For A Pinto For Sale

Guest donaldthomps

• 1 month later...
Guest Gargoil

Hi Donald.

I am a little bit new to the world of kit cars, but it seems I have a problem with starting my 2.1 pinto. I know the battery is ok, I am yet to test the leads, but so far it's looking like the starter motor. Could you tell me if this starter motor is a direct replacement for my standard Ford item, or if it will need any modifications?

Thanks.

Lawrence.

Guest mower man
:acute: :clapping: I think it is sold I asked don about it a couple of weeks ago , the brise motors a reputably very good if not expensive . There are 2 pinion sizes for pinto starters 9 or 10 teeth and obviously 2 ringears on fly wheels they don't match [ I 've been here ] so be careful . I run a warm 2.1 and have had starter probs in the past ,every thing has to be bang right or slow cranking occurs , engine to chassis earths , battery size , ign timing are all important so double check before spending to much HTH mower man where are you based?

Guest Gargoil

Thanks for the info, Mower man. I think the battery will be man enough, it's a new Varta C6 with a CCA of 520. The wiring I will try and disconnect and test, this afternoon. Timing was set recently at 32@4000 rpm although the engine spec mentions 34.

So ,I am obviously hoping the wiring just needs a bit of maintenance, otherwise it might need that new Hi torque starter. However, I am just starting out on the learning curve , so any help is welcome.

To be frank, the car itself has been on the forum, more than myself. It's the car that Chris Guss built (finished) and there are a few pictures of it in the members car section. Granted they are all the same picture, but I can see what Chris was trying to do....

I am located in a little place called Thurnscoe, somewhere between Rotherham, Barnsley and Doncaster. Don't judge me for that though, we all have to live somewhere. ;-)

I noticed that you are from Worksop, Small world, I was born there. Again, please don't judge...........

Guest mower man

Get in touch again and lets see if we can organise a visit , you to me or me to you it matters not , theres nothing wrong with that part of the world ,I worked in Kilnhurst for a couple of years and know it quite well ,as I said earlier I had some issues with my 2.1 but nothing that can't be sorted .Why not try to get to your local monthly meeting at the RED LION at TODWICK on weds night all the good lads should be there plus me :crazy: mower man [mick]

Guest Gargoil

Thanks Mick, I will try to get to some of the meetings, it would be nice to get in to the club scene, but at the moment Wednesdays are a problem for me.

I have started another thread, so that this advert isn't hijacked. Hopefully something I have missed will be mentioned.

However if it's not a simple fix, then yes I would like to take you up on your kind offer of a visit. I make a reasonable cuppa, but as it's you offering the help I think I should make the effort.

:)

Lawrence.