Possibly Zetec Into Rh 2B

Guest Griffgriff

AndyJW

interesting you can run standard ECU, how did you go about it don't you need the cat fitted. I would love to run an injected Zetec but the price of aftermarket ECUs is to high.

Jez

Yes you have to use a cat, simple 400 cell cat off e-bay (£35) sorted that. ECU needed pin outs decoding, but to put it simply, all you need is: TPS, cam sensor, crank sensor, lambda, air inlet temp sensor and one water temp. I used these sensors and got rid of all the other wiring. I also kept the PATS immobiliser which uses an additional relay to immobilise fuel pump, you need the ecu with its original key, the aerial which fits around the ign barrel, and I also wired in the OBD for fault finding/ live data. Seemed a monster task at the time but quite simple. I will dig out a few video's I have of it starting and running etc just to show how it starts on the button first time, just like it would of when in a mondeo!! There is a thread on locostbuilders with details on how to do this.

Guest Griffgriff

Decided to go for the c20xe option, also been offered a '92 Sierra 1.8lx manual. Would it be worth buying the whole car rather than sourcing a gearbox? What bits are needed from a Sierra to get the xe into my hood 2b I already have a Sierra rear diff and prop. Thanks in advance for any help

Sierra parts are getting scarcer, esp. hubs & rear axle, so I'd buy the car, strip everything,keep what you need & Ebay the rest.

I had to get a longer propshaft, the XE doeant go as far back as the pinto, it has a water outlet at the back of the head that needs blocking,

but others kept the original.

Guest Griffgriff

The engine I've sourced is an early type distributor type, I'm guessing this will have to be changed for a coil pack and loom to suit? What are the type 9 box and xe like to mount to the 2b?

Decided to go for the c20xe option, also been offered a '92 Sierra 1.8lx manual. Would it be worth buying the whole car rather than sourcing a gearbox? What bits are needed from a Sierra to get the xe into my hood 2b I already have a Sierra rear diff and prop. Thanks in advance for any help

depends what you are paying for the sierra, the late sierras i broke came with mt75 gearboxs so check what box it has might not be a type 9 (mine were dohc sierras)

you can use a early carb'd cavalier dizzy & coil but theyre like hens teeth.

Some Mantas had a front mounted dizzy powered from a toothed belt running from the front of the camshaft...again hens teeth.

The most feasible option is a 3d mapped system, eg mega wotsit, or MBE.

You need to make your own mounting arms & probably Land Rover mounting rubbers to fit the engine.

Take measurements from the pinto to maintain the correct engine orientation.

You may be able to use the original gearbox mount in the original place. I had to move it forward & get a longer propshaft.

H&h ignition do a dizzy kit but you would be as cheap with a standalone ecu.

I used orignal gearbox mount and prop just cut into chassis slightly where the rear of the engine is too close.

Regards stuart.

Hi...I heard about this when I was researching my own installation. I've seen pics of the setup but nothing n the flesh.

You will also need the relevant ECU.

I was lucky to find a complete Cavalier setup before I need to check it out further.

MIGWEB is a good resource for Vauxhall info.