Exeter Show Anyone Going

agent_zed

Guest JammyJim

Was nice to see you Tony today if only briefly, hope you got home before the rain. We were very disappointed with show in general, seems less exhibiters each year. and this year the paddock area was un marshalled and chaotic.

I realise its needs the public to visit these shows to make them grow but if there is nothing to see less will go back. Just glad I didn't have to pay full entrance fee.

Yes very disappointing I was there for maybe 90 mins, drifting was just a noise outside and the hall was very quiet.

As for parking your kit car in with the paying public.…

Won't be going back today, just not worth it.

Made the 90 miles trip yesterday. First time in 5 years and first time in the 2b. Whilst i had fun getting out for a drive sadly i'd agree with the above. I was trying to think what makes were there and could only think there were 4 or 5 the rest was tools or parts or kit car clubs. not like it used to be.

Glad i'm not the only one who was fed up with the drifting, just plain noisy. And mixing the kit cars with the general public cars????

It was all pretty weird. Spoke to a guy from protech about shocks and whilst he was a nice chap he was more interested in having a chat than selling the shocks. The guy from Westfield obviously decided i couldn't afford one so barely bothered to speak to me, bit stupid on his part and i can easily afford one and he may have lost a customer forever. GBS was probably the nicest to talk to as they actually seemed interested in speaking about cars.

on the bright side i got to test my sidescreens i've just finished making. OMG what a difference i've been driving for 5 years without and it is such a change. It was raining quite heavily on the way and as long as i did more than 50mph i barely got a drop. My windscreen wipers performed fantastically as well (never had to use them continuously before). I'll post a pic as they are cut down flexible blade ones, not sure if anyone else has used these.

disappointed in the show, pleased at the drive.

now to hide my car from the approaching storm....

• Like 1

The guy from Westfield obviously decided i couldn't afford one so barely bothered to speak to me, bit stupid on his part and i can easily afford one and he may have lost a customer forever. GBS was probably the nicest to talk to as they actually seemed interested in speaking about cars.

This was my experience 3 years ago when I went to Exeter to choose my kit and one of the reasons I chose the Zero over a Westfield. There were others, but I was put off even going on a factory visit due to his attitude. If was either buy a complete kit or the first 2 modules of a modular build or we are not interested in you. I didn't have the £7.5k up front they wanted. Their loss!

It was all pretty weird. Spoke to a guy from protech about shocks and whilst he was a nice chap he was more interested in having a chat than selling the shocks.

dont buy protech buy procomp they are the protec shock with damping set up to suit your application best mod i made to the stylus.

If the cars were mixed up together did you have to pay to enter.

Pleased I spent time repairing the van by the sound of it

Free for kitcar drivers £5 for passengers and £10 for general admission.

Was ok for £5 (me and GF) but wouldn't have been happy paying £20.

Think i might write to the organisers as its just going to stop completely if they don't do anything about it. Although sadly i wonder if it is partly peoples attitudes these days and lack of desire to make things.

According to a post on PH, the organisers said that this was the last Exeter show they were doing as they couldn't afford the loss. They also said that Detling would not happen either. They did say that they were looking to put on a new show at Malvern instead. I don't know who this came from or how true it is, only time will tell.

I am also not sure where the new Malvern show would fit. Stoneleigh will now, potentially, be the season opener in May, Newark is in June and then Donnington in September. This leaves July August time? Perhaps more shows with track action, like TKC LIve at Blyton Park will strart to appear.

As Steamer said above, shows like Hollowell will become more popular as there is some much variety and so much to see and to do for all the family not just the petrol heads.