Hows It Hanging (Exhaust Wise)....

Guest Jumbo

Have decided to upgrade from the standard GBS model to something a little better (middle one in the below picture) however I'm a little nervy of the standard fitment through the side of the body to support the can.

What have others used, pictures would be appreciated please.

post-11436-0-17094500-1382798917_thumb.jpg

post-11436-0-60353100-1382798923_thumb.jpg

Guest peter2b2002

same here but used 2 mini exhaust rubbers , don't mount it to the side panel it will split the side panel or rip a hole in it ,use angle iron bolted to the chassis

peter2b

Just in the process of changing my exhaust system from the standard rh twin pipe. I've had that supported with one bobbin at the end of the can but with the can sitting down on the bobbin. Not like the picture above where it is mounted virtically. My thinking being that my bobbin is only having to control back and forth movement. The above set up means the exhaust is hanging on the bobbins. If they fail the exhaust will drop. On mine if it fails the exhaust will just sit on the bracket.

I've see some with a bracket from underneith in an L shape with one bobbin at the bottom horizontal and one vertical. I may add a front bracket as well at the front of the can. All brackets from under the car as i don't want holes in the bodywork as my panels are mild steel and can rust.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just ordered a new silencer, also a Motad one and was just going to copy the way my current one is fitted although with a bit more attention to detail and tidyness. The rear of the box is fixed to a bracket which is mounted on the floor of the car with two small bobbin type fittings and the front is mounted to a bracket fixed solidly to the underside. I shall change all the metal work to stainless and make the front flexible too even though I am using a flexible coupling (instead of a piece of ugly flexible pipe which you can't clamp up properly) to join the manifold pipe to the silencer, my thinking being that even though the engine movement on the mountings is taken care of the silencer wont vibrate around and shake the internals around. Exciting having a shiny new larger exhaust winging its way to me next week!

I've not fitted the silencer yet but having looked around at various alternatives i am well happy for the money that it cost, just need to decide on the fixing bracket and also the link pipe.

Overall am I happy with the service / quality so far from MOTAD YES.

Hope that helps.