Fuel Starvation

Guest danny_samb

Guest Alan_builder

Swirl pot

Low pressure fuel pump.

High pressure fuel pump if injection.

Plumbing.

Take a feed from the fuel tank to the low pressure fuel pump towards the top of the swirl pot.

Take a feed from the swirl pot to the high pressure pump.

Take the out out of the high pressure pump to the fuel rail.

Take the return from the pressure regulator to the swirl pot again near the top.

Take an overflow from the top of the swirl pot to the return on the tank.

If you have carbs, substitute High pressure pump tor a 2nd low pressure pump and the injection rail for the carb return and overflow.

Just remember the swirl pot needs to be mounted like a sky scraper, small footprint and tall.

Guest danny_samb

Could I mount it in the boot above the tank. I'm running injection, so can I use the current pump for the low pressure, iv seen a 1litre swirl pot on demon tweeks

Guest chris brown

Yes the swirl pot can be mounted anywhere. If you allready have a low pressure pump feeding your high pressure injection pump then just plum the swirl pot between the two with the low pressure pump feeding into the top and the high pressure being fed from the bottom, the return from the fuel rail should return back to the swirl pot somewhere near the top.

Guest zerorace

so it runs all the time with the ignition on make sure the feed has a fuse and it is easy to get to, also check the rating of the pump it will need to deliver more then the HP pump can use at full throttle.

Guest danny_samb

I have seen they do 3 versions, road, fast road and competition, which 1 would be best, engine is just standard 2litre dohc, fast road be suitable, I just need a good feed from ignition live then,