Seat Runners

WallerZ

Hi All,

I have fitted the seat runners from GBS and have discovered that these tend to make the seat look loose by rocking back and forth on the runner itself. I have 2 sets and both are the same. Will this be a problem for the IVA/subsequent MOTs? How would I get around this?

Cheers,

Zach

It's the runner itself. I haven't got any pictures, it's not noticeable if you sit in but the top/head rest will rock about an inch with nobody sat in the seat. The runner to seat bolts are tight and so are the runner to car.

I've read a couple threads prior and will remove the runner for the IVA. Would two perpendicular bars between the runners help at all? Or even a diagonal one?

I cut down the orginal ford seat runners, as the wife wanted to be able to drive the car! However, once I had fitted the sound proof matting and carpet they couldn't be moved. Phew!

IVA looked at them and asked if they were adjustable which of course they were not, but I have to admit I was glad of that because I could see that as something else it could fail on very easily.

I would suggest finding a way to lock them soild until after the test.

Get them working correctly & the locking more positive; a comfortable driving position changes as often as you change clothes the colder weather requires thicker wear & maybe the seat one notch future back; PLUS if you wife/girlfriend/mate can drive it's not always you drinking the water/coffee/OJ for the return home.

Ok, I'm going to look at getting a double locking set, see how that works. I do believe its the single side that is causing the wobble.

The reason I want the moveable seat is for the comfort factor, there won't be anyone else allowed to drive the car but me ;) haha!