Withdrawal

Guest john

Help me someone

What does a chap do when he misses the car he built, and now, many years later, would like to have it back again ???

Is it silly nostagia

Is it too many wines,

or is it the need to get back behind the wheel with the wind in yer hair, the mix of oil and Co2 in yer lungs and that warm feeling below the waist from being so close to the transmission ??

Where are you now , Smokey ????

Is it the build you miss or the car?

by which I mean - depending on the nostalgia the solution is probably different...

I think its the car, Richard.

I dont fancy another full build, been there done that etc, but then there is Matt Moos car in need of a finish, and that nice Mr Barry has still not got there. ( as far as I know ).

Its the joy behind the wheel that is missing.

Pete, the big cats are for sale.

Bob, driving the palace like a Hood only results in pots and pans everywhere, and a persistent whine from the environs of the passenger seat.

Hmmm.

Guest TerryBarry

Not sure how good your memory is John but the car is almost exactly the same as the last time you saw it - maybe the layer of dust is slightly thicker. I wouldn't normally question your memory but I'm not sure how many times you've been hit about the head with a wooden stick recently. I keep seeing the pics on another site.

Cheers,

Terry

Hi Terry, its the knuckles that have had most damage, and thankfully not the head, well so far at least. Our side are prolific real ale drinkers so the head gets a bashing from the inside regularly.

Its certainly a few years since seeing your build, and dare I say its beginning to look like you actually meant that comment about using it as your gun carriage one day ?

Hoping you are keeping well these days.

John

Goodworth Clatford............ what a lovely Hampshire name.

We'd like to see you all again, and where is the place nearby for afternoon tea ? Would it be that address my sat nav couldn't find

and there was no cellphone coverage ?

Can I get hardstanding and EHU for a couple of nights, plus a drive in Hood ?

( just noticed I passed my 1000 posts )

Edited by john