Difference Between A 1.6 And 2.0 Ltr Pinto

lockyer89

Guest Alan_builder

Hello again Simon,

There are more engine codes in one of the Blue edition of the Haynes Manual 903 for the Sierra than there are in the Green edition which I posted from earlier.

The 1.6L has LCS,LCT, LSD AND LSE

The 2.0L has NES,NET, NRB, N4A and NAE

The 1.8L has REB & RED

The 1.3L has JCT

All the engines are basically the same. The 205 block is stronger than the 20 block. The NRB and N4A are injection heads and have improved porting and increased valve size.

The big difference in the manuals is the wiring. Get the wrong diagram and its hell.

No 2B's are the same, I have 2x 2B/04 I have now cut and shut both chassis, one to take a V8 and the other for a Zetec.

Prior to starting to modify Kitten for the Zetec the 2B/04 in Basingstoke was different, boot, firewall, leg length for starters.

There is a rolling road in Slough and one in Reading I think. Not used either.

Some builders fit the Sierra fuel tank, other options were a 20L or 40L in Stainless steel and of coutse there are composit ones as well. Distance between fillups is thus varied as is fuel consumption. My Pinto 2L EFi went further with the 40L SS tank than most others even 1.6L ones.

The engine serial number is found between number 2 plug and exhaust fitting nut below the core plug. That makes it just in front of the engine mount and just up a bit.

Have fun finding out. Will be home so give me a PM to arrange a visit date.