Another Zetec Conversion Thread!

I have one of these pedal boxes

I used the GBS left hand drive clutch cable

And the left hand drive throttle cable , drilled a small hole through pedal put solder less nipple on end job done

All connected up to my 2.0 zetec.

My only complaint is pedal box is quite flimsy . It could do with being made about two mill thicker material

About half an inch only. Possibly less if the clutch release bearing is held on the release fingers and play in the system is all taken up with some form of tensioning spring. The window in the bellhousing which the clutch arm sticks out of is only about an inch long and the arm only moves part way in it. That also means that the clutch pedal end of the cable moves the same distance.

Nigel

It's a good plan to try to attach cables so that they pivot when the pedal is pressed, avoiding repeated bending of the cable and eventual stress failure. Putting stops on the clutch and throttle pedal themselves to restrict the permitted rise when not pressed helps setting pedal height. Putting an adjustable stop on the full travel position of the throttle pedal stops you overstretching the cable or stressing the butterflies/TB mechanism. Making them all adjustable is a bit overkill. No stops on the brake pedal! It will find its own height and you don't want to limit the push!

Nigel

The clutch eyelet pivots nicely will be perfect with a bit of grease.

The throttle will be a simple up and down motion.

I've made up the brake pipes today too, I'm going to have to fit a hydraulic inline brake light switch though as there's no way on this planet I'm going to be able to use the original switch.

Stops could be made with a long bolt I guess, easy to adjust too.

I have set all the pedals at straight up (12 o clock) and the travel on clutch is perfect aas it stops on the pedal box and throttle travel is spot on full throttle on the ford butterfly

I also fitted a bias adjuster on the dash to help set the bias

All in all these boxes are easy to fit .

I have set all the pedals at straight up (12 o clock) and the travel on clutch is perfect aas it stops on the pedal box and throttle travel is spot on full throttle on the ford butterfly

I also fitted a bias adjuster on the dash to help set the bias

All in all these boxes are easy to fit .

I've just played about with the pedal box again, my pedals are at more like 11 o'clock, not got the throttle one in yet as I need to cut a part of the pedal away to stop it fouling and I'll do it in one hit when the itbs are in place I think I'm going to connect to cables together and be done with it.

• Like 1