Another Zetec Conversion Thread!

Guest Ian & Carole

Both boxes are the same length, as 5th gear is effectively bolted on to the end of the 4 speed box, the gear box mounting is further forward than on the type 9, but that won't bother you.

I am using a 4 speed type 3 which is 20 spline on a 2.0L pinto, Would have thought as long as the clutch plate it 20 spline and upto the job it should be useable? Just my thoughts though and not based on fact. would be interested in finding out for if I ever swap over to a zetec as I like the ratios on the type 3.

I am using a 4 speed type 3 which is 20 spline on a 2.0L pinto, Would have thought as long as the clutch plate it 20 spline and upto the job it should be useable? Just my thoughts though and not based on fact. would be interested in finding out for if I ever swap over to a zetec as I like the ratios on the type 3.

As long as the bolt pattern on the bellhousing is correct which it must be seeing as it's bolted to a pinto at the mo then you must be ok. I read a thread yesterday that said you needed a 5 speed but have since realised that must have been incorrect.

• 4 weeks later...