Crunch!

wirdy

My Dad lost the rear end last night on some dropped diesel and slammed the Exmo into an Armco barrier :(

Damage is limited to NSR corner, rear wishbone has bent, wheel pushed forward 8 inches, driveshaft popped out, wheelarch crunched badly. At least no human damage, only metal and GRP.

We didn't build the car, so no idea how the rear panels go together on the Exmo? is it a single piece with both rear arches and the stainless fill panel? the suspension bits should be easy enough to rectify with a new wishbone and brake pipe, rear shocker.

Any advice appreciated please.

Thanks.

My sympathies! Glad all are ok.

I'd make a very careful examination of the tub to ensure that there is not worse damage than you can see. If you can damage the wishbone that badly i'd be amazed if the tub survived. Remove the seat and examine the rear beam mounting points (or maybe look from underneath).

Andy

That's the plan over xmas hols. Get underneath for a full survey and pull the rear suspension to pieces - the body work can wait. Looks like the wishbone deformation took most of the energy of the impact, here's fingers crossed!

Guest Ian & Carole

89AE16AD-2AE4-4B9C-B420-9A60E0293C0D.jpg

Looks like the sierra beam did its work and the tub has survived.

If it was me I would replace the trailing arm, cheap enough to get hold of, then do a few measurements of wheel positions.

Front to back side to side and diagonals before spending too much money just in case.

New rear wing and light assembly, reshape the rear panel and paint or wrap it, job done.