Iva Pass

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year :)

My car finally passed the IVA test today. For those who have read my earlier posts, I bit the bullet, spent a small fortune and had a new silencer in place of the old one - 97.8dB at 3800 rpm.

Have to read all the posts on registering it now, I understand it can take ages, but who cares, its taken me since Sept 04 to build it (Its amazing what you can do averaging 4 hours per week!)

Cheers

Nige

Guest davidimurray

Congratulations

Have a look at my recent posts regarding registration. Make sure you send all the forms PLUS the bits they don't tell you about ;) i.e. Photos of the car, if age related plates receipts for new parts declared on V627/1 must say NEW AND UNUSED or be accompanied by a letter. Any questions drop me a message

Guest steve8274

Well done.

With regards registration, if you have a local Dvla office, try there. I got mine registered same day. Tried Manchester which was useless but Preston was really helpful and all went through no problems.

I started mine in 2002 and just registered it last month, (I did take a six year break). You have to send all the paper work you received from Robin Hood and this must show that you purchased a chassis with the kit. As mine was a mild steel chassis it did not state on any of the paperwork that this was part of the kit, only if you purchased the stainless chassis. I therefore got a letter from the DVLA wanting proof that the chassis was new at the time I bought the kit.

Nige

• Like 1

Thanks for all your messages, I've applied for a V55/4 form on the DVLA website, it said 7 to 10 days for it to arrive, fingers crossed its here before the New Year. According to the DVLA website all the local offices are now closed, so I hope they don't want a built up inspection!

Have a great Xmas & New Year

Cheers

Nige

Guest davidimurray

Are you going for an age related plate? If so you need a v55/5 and to speak their lingo it is called a kit conversion-say those 2 words and they understand what you want. For a kit conversion list of required items is-

It may help to explain that the below documents we require to register you kit conversion vehicle.

Documentation required for registration: -

V55/5 V5C (if donor vehicle is used)

ID(Photocopies are acceptable)

1st Registration Fee

Fee for road tax

MOT (if applicable)

Insurance

IVA/SVA/MSVA Certificate

Receipts for any new or second hand parts.

V627/1 ‘Built up Vehicle Inspection Report’ to be completed before inspection.

Please send your application to MASET Team, DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1ZZ.

As mentioned receipts for new parts need to say new and unused or be accompanied by a,letter stating they are new.also send photos of front back and sides.

I believe inspections are no longer required.

I registered mine in October. The forms took a while to arrive. I just sent copies of my driving license, cover note and receipts for the kit and any others I could find like suspension parts. I didn't have receipts for the donor but sent a copy of the donor log book along with the insurance cover note and appropriate funds. I received an envelope from the DVLA about a week later that I thought was bad news, It turned out to be my new log book and registration information. A few days after that the confirmation letter and certificate for registration plates turned up - They arrived the wrong way round. I didn't need an inspection or any other proof of build like photos or other receipts. It was pretty straight forward and easy. Just need to be patient as usual with the DVLA.

Good Luck

• Like 1

• 1 month later...