Do I Sell Up?

st3v3nw

Ive just been offered £4000 for my part finished 2b, to be perfectly honest id love to sell it as i can only get 1 day per week to work on it and i desperatly want a holiday with my girlfriend. but a part of me would still love to have the finished article in my garage. is this the right kind of price for a car in this state? look at my website for pics of it.

cheers

steven

Steven

Just had a look at you're web pages, and none of the pictures seem to work :(

Are you sure you want to sell it, after all the work you have put in. A few more months will see it on the road, and you cant beat that feeling of driving the car you built. :D

Mitch

Guest MikeD318

Ultimately your choice and you have to consider your own situation carefully, but if at all possible try to finish it. It maybe one of those things that you'll regret for the rest of your life if you don't. :(

£4000 does sound like a good price for a part built. people have certainly sold them for quite a bit less. But, what you might lose in terms of the feeling of pride and enjoyment once its completed though, might make the £4000 seem a bit cheap.

as someones said already, get the beast finished and tell the mrs that once its done there'll be loads of weekends away camping every summer with the rhocar lot, which should more than make up for the lack of a package holiday!

Donington, Exeter, Stoneleigh, Harrogate, Capesthorn Hall, Billing Aquadrome, Blackpool, Le mans, to name but a few.

paul

Was the car for sale? I suspect £4000 would not leave you with a profit but if you had lost interest in the build and wanted to get it off your hands its a better price than you would expect for the bits. Pays you nothing for your blood, sweat, tears, skill, time or dreams. I have a friend who bought a nice series three just before Exeter for £3500 and someone offered him £4000 cash at the show so he sold. Business innit. But he wanted a seven and missed the Hood so six months later he bought a Westie with a 1600 CVH engine in it. He had to have the operation and has stopped shaving, wears pink tee shirts and drinks shandy these days and he ended up well out of pocket.

Do you really not want a seven? A million would be an excellent price for my left hand but I wouldn't sell.

Nigel

I'm so torn as to what to do, i never really thought of selling it untill he offered to buy it. Its not a thing I'll regret because im still young (23) and have plenty of time to build in the future when i settle down.

I'm in the RAF and i only get the weekends to see my girlfriend, build the car, see my mates, see the family!!! so i might just sell it, i can always build one in the future.

ive just got to wait till my membership has gone through so i can advertise, does it usually take so long to get processed? i sent my check months ago

steven

I did have a buyer but he pulled out and is getting an elise as he thinks it will be better in the wet.

and no, im not after free advertising, ive paid my subs, just havent had them processed

steven

Guest Andy Rathbone

no no no dont sell it especially if you dont have an buyer with cash in hand.

everyones cicumstances are diffrent, i get to work on mine 2 evenings a week and some weekends thats why its taking 4 years. some weeks i dont even get as far as unlocking the garage :gdit: it is frustrating at times. go on hols with your good lady and forget the car for week/2 weeks then come back to it. its a hobby/obsession dont rush it and your not a failure if its not finished in 5 mins(1 year) you sound unsure :unsure: at the end of the day make a decision with out regret, from your web site it looks like your nearly there already ie all the hard work is already done. which is why somone was prepared to pay you 4000 for it.

at the end of the day the decision is yours but i wouldnt sell having come this far

stick at it

Guest ih007

I'm 23 too. I finished the car when i was 22. Nothing, and i mean NOTHING, beats the looks you get from the uninitiated 23 year old Nova drivers who think you must be a footballer because of the car you drive.

And whats more, at 23, thers no other car on the road you could aford buy that replicates it (other than another seven) in terms of performance and fun. Oh, and my girlfriend loves it too ^_^

Finish it, you wont regret it, no way.

Ian.

Nothing, and i mean NOTHING, beats the looks you get from the uninitiated 23 year old Nova drivers who think you must be a footballer because of the car you drive.

That must be a Chorley F C player, :lol: :lol: the ones around here drive Lambos and Ferrari's, oh and the odd Hummer. unless there in hiding then its a black mini :blink:

But the looks and young kids shouting great car does make the head grow :D

Get it finished and on the road, dont forget with the Vauxhall engine the initial outlay will be more than most hoods spend to start with.

Mitch

AAAARRRGGGGHHHHH

ive put it on ebay now just to see, i've put a reserve on it that would cover my expenses for buying the kit and all the extras ive had to buy.

if you want a look (or bid) then its here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=2482334631

plus ive just bought a pug 206 gti 180 and it drinks the juice compared to my last car, an mg zr diesel. so im happy at the minute to sell it on and in the future i'll build another.

thanks fellas.

steven