2B Panel's

ivorbigun

Does anyone have if they even existed the body panel identification pictures/list or whatever.

Just been looking at what came with my 2B and not sure if they're all there.

called gbs they sent me a very vague poor quality picture of the zero panel's not very helpful!

The 2B had a crappy A4 sheet with hand drawn panels, to no particular scale....

almost impossible to identify anything on it.

Is this a complete non started kit?

From memory, you need a floor section, 4 separate panels for the tunnel sides (front & rear each side), tunnel top, passenger & driver compartment front panel (lower firewall,), 1 upper full width firewall, a battery floor, seat back panel, 2 crescent shapes (rear arches) 2 rectangular shapes for the rear wheel arches, rear body panel, 2 side panels & 2 bonnet halves.

There are also assorted smaller parts, eg 2 T shapes to fit round the front suspension.

Probably a few more, but thats the major parts.

Ive just lookd at my papeerwork & its not there....I probably threw it away in frustration..Sorry.

Bob

• Like 1

Guest TerryBarry
post-19-0-07884300-1389464659_thumb.jpgI've just copied my original sheet. Now to see if I can attach it Well that seems to work - if you click on little image it will get bigger. I used to understand how this site worked - not any more !!

Many thanks for all the reply's it seems from Terry' s scan that I have every thing that's shown, I seem to remember that on the dvd's the top of the gearbox tunnel was made from the piece you cut from the floor section, unfortunately the floor has all ready been fitted, time to buy a sheet of stainless I guess.

just in case it makes any difference the car is a 2B super spec? that was purchased by the original owner in 2009 and came with a 2lt zetec and has the zero type pedal box.

Some of the panels have been cut and folded incorrectly as far as I can make out so it won't take long to use up the sheet

Many thanks again for all of the replies

Ivan

Just noticed that the gearbox tunnel sides aren't shown in terry's scan but I know I have them, one of them is cut incorrectly anyone notice anything else missing?

Back in the warm now for a beer and to watch the dvd's again glad my player will run at x1.25 with sound!

cheers

Ivan

Guest Ian & Carole

Back in the warm now for a beer and to watch the dvd's again glad my player will run at x1.25 with sound!

cheers

Ivan

Try your best to stay awake, I found the vids the best ever sleeping aid.

Quick update,

the one panel I really need is missing! It's the battery tray, not very complicated but does position the nearside upper firewall panel.

Does anyone have one they could measure/scan or draw pretty please

I guess all I need to know is the mesurment from cross tube to rear of battery tray.

Cheers

Ivan

On mine there was no battery tray, the videos told me the battery fitted on the floor of the passenger footwell!!!! Because the wife's only got short legs!!!!!

I made a battery tray to suit, and it was nothing to do with leg measurements :air_kiss:

Nick

Guest TerryBarry

I'm sure there was one car on the Robin Hood stand which had passenger's footwell panel further back and battery was mounted on floor in the engine compartment. I thought that the diagram of the panels was to help identify the odd shaped ones - not to act as an inventory.

The battery panel is not on the diagram above, I've discovered I'm missing it from the video's.

I have a 2009 2B superspec I think! If someone could measure there's for me I'd be very grateful. (The panel I mean)

Cheers

Ivan

anyone please.

There was a later version of Terry's paper. It had the tunnel top and the rings for silencer spacing on !! It was the silencer wrap that confused me, most of the other bits were fairly obvious. what you haven't got can be easily fabricated. My build straightened the bulkhead so I made a new site for the battery.

post-971-0-12475400-1390136235_thumb.jpeg