Injection Wiring

Guest Dtr36

Hi there hope I can help.

Firstly, has the doner injection loom been chopped, the injection wiring is pretty much self contained and if its not all there it may be worth trying to get a complete one because at the end of the day there are 2 wires to connect to make it run. Dont get too hung up on the kits loom and how that connects as a minimum you will need an ignition feed and starter solenoid feed. Again if its all there it should be easy enough.

On my car there are two parts to the injection loom,

Engine - a smaller loom which connects injectors, idle valve, throttle pot and engine parts.

Injection body loom - connects to ECU, dizzy, coil, MAF, fuel pump, battery etc and carries two relays.

The engine loom connects to the injection body loom through two 5 way connectors.

The injection body loom connects the the various components and battery and mine had a single 5 way connector which connects to the doner car main loom (early year injection) this is the connector your interested in.

The 5 way has the following wires:

Black/blue - starter solenoid

Brown/green - oil pressure switch

Black - igntion feed

Brown/white - water temp

Green - rev counter signal

You can connect all the wires on this plug to the kit loom or use the kit looms connections for water and oil.

If I was you I would look at the injection wiring in isolation and identify if all the connections are there.

Hope this helps.

Jez