Pinto To Zetec

Guest NantLladron

Guest NantLladron

Pinto out and zetec going in .......any things i need to know?

2.0 Zetec

ZX6 Carbs

ERA sump ( on order )

3.6kgs flywheel ( en route )

Ignition - dont know yet

Cams - probably leave as standard

exhaust - will need to have one that comes out underneath my clamshells

Radiator - aluminium HD post-8963-0-74875700-1389803159_thumb.jpgpost-8963-0-53978100-1389803168_thumb.jpg

post-8963-0-87638900-1389803222_thumb.jpg

Guest NantLladron

Hi All

Thanks for the tips , fuel pump ...no idea ....pinto was sold complete with 40s etc ....went to A&B garage in queensferry who are really good guys and know lots about pintos and zetecs and their recomendation was ZX6 carbs if i didnt do injection ....aleady got a set

do i need a return pipe from these ? to the tank or can i return it to before the pump ?

was thinking megajolt or perhaps Nodizz ?

Guest alfaGTA

If using carbs you don't have a fuel return to tank, megajolt or nodiz is your choice (megajolt has been around longer and there is more known about it).

Fuel pump-several choices here, bike pump or external facet style (perhaps go with what A&B garage suggest as you may need their help down the line).

Just one word of caution though, the oil filter housing on the silvertop sticks out ALOT and could possibly foul the steering column! I fitted a silvertop and in hindsight should have ditched it and went blacktop as they have a different oil filter location instead of going to the expense of a remote oil filter and still having to alter the steering column.... My car is different to your's so you might have more engine bay space

Guest NantLladron

Thanks ....will ask A&B ......agree on the oil filter ....will test fit prob next weekend and see if it fouls or not ....else it will be a remote .....i have a oil cooler sandwich plate in addition so my guess is it will be to wide .....