Dtr 2B Build

Guest Dtr36

Dave, your pedal box will need a side brace as well. Thottle cable should be standard injection one. Depending on the age of your wishbones your wing stays may be on the wrong way round.

HTH

Nick

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No pics at the moment (I thought you took some when you came to see my 2b?) You're welcome to come round again for a look. I'll try to get some photo's, but I can't post photos direct from my phone so it means firing up the PC.

HTH

Nick

• 5 weeks later...

Looking at the pics you may have an issue with the brake hose, it needs to remain clear through full lock and articulation. Not just for IVA but for your safety.

I would route the headlamp wires slightly differently, I wouldn't attach to a moving part like the wishbone but pass through the infill panel with a grommet avoiding any moving parts. Looks like you have taped the shower hose onto the lamp bolt, is this a temp fix as the tape will come adrift, a better solution could be heat shrink tube to fix it.

Re pedal box bracing from earlier I would brace forward onto the mounting panel as the part of the pedal box that bolts to the bulk head isn't strong enough and will flex under braking and eventually crack. The main fixing for the pedal box in the Sierra is the top hole, look how much thicker the metal is there. The front two bolt holes where primarily to locate and align the pedal box and servo. I created a triangular bracket that fits on top of the pedal box and bolts to the bulkhead. I have had a pedal box crack across the two front mounts on a previous kit, think about the forces you exert on the pedal they could be huge. Get someone to press the brake you will see the flex.

Jez

• 2 weeks later...