New Or Old Vin Number?

PaulF2B

Hi,

I am hoping to be going through IVA in the next few months with my 2B Sub K and applying for an age related plate (G Reg').

What are the options on the VIN Number?

Should I be creating a brand new VIN number where I guess a new G Reg plate will be allocated

or can I re-use the donor VIN number and keep the existing Reg from the old Sierra?

Thanks for any advice on this one

Best regards

Paul

You cannot use the old sierra vin and will not be allocated the sierra registration number

When an age related plate is assigned the sierra is effectively scrapped and its identity must not reappear.

I made up my own vin following the rules on the gov web site covering registration.

Ozz

• Like 1

I appreciate people make their own up but the formal procedure is pretty straightforward and I got my VIN within a few weeks.

I wrote the following letter :-

Dear Sirs,

I am constructing a self-build kit car and would like to stamp the VIN number into the chassis in accordance with the IVA regulations. My local DVLA branch in <wherever> advised me that the correct process is to contact yourselves and request a new VIN number for allocation on my vehicle. Therefore please accept this letter as a formal request to the above.

If I can assist you with any queries please do not hesitate to call me on yada yada.

Yours faithfully,

...and posted it to...

VC15A/MASET

DVLA

Swansea

SA6 7JL

Job done.

• Like 1