Dangerous And Scary !

blue

Guest peter2b2002

I swapped my long wings( for 8 years) for short type on my 2b not noticed any difference 90mph in france wind /rain 70 ish in uk without any problems 20psi slight toe in

peter2b

Another approach is to check all the suspension and steering joints. Things wear and/or break. There are bushes, ball joints and nuts and bolts all over the car that need to be looked at to make sure something is not loose or broken. Check/fix those first. Then start measuring angles, toe front and back, camber and castor on the front, camber on the rear and then look at spring weights and shock settings. IMO.

ie make sure it's not broke before you fiddle with settings.

Nigel

• Like 1

Hi thanks for all the replys ...

And now for the replys !!

1. I have cycle wings fitted

2. I have tie bars

3 Tyres are 18/19 psi (cold)

4. Front springs are 80 pound

5. Rear springs are 120( maybe 140). Would have to check !!

6. Rear camber is set at 0 deg.

7. Rear toe is set at 0

8 Front toe is 1.5 deg toe in

9. Front camber is set 0.5 deg negative

Again thanks for all answers so far.

Great club !!!!!

Guest Ian & Carole

What tyres are you running and how old are they?

Looking at the above figures, with the exception of rear camber where I would prefer a little negative camber they all look pretty good to me.

Caster angle is the only other thing that might be causing a problem, with wrong caster, self centering could be causing an issue ??

Guest mower man

Also what caster angle would you say ?? At moment tie bars are set where they would be if roll bar was still fitted !

4to 8 degrees is the figure for caster , set /check ride hieght first pref with a little rake [front lower than rear] then caster then camber 1,5 degs eaqual both side ,then set toe as close to zero as possible every thing as eaqual as pos and in the above order ,steering should not be heavy or wandery and should track straight hands off[ carefull where you do this]these are figs my own car is set to and for me are just about perfect mower man :crazy:

hmm just thinking is this happening at 70 on other roads? you weren't getting caught by lorry ruts in the motorway were you? the motorway near me pulls me all over the place as my wheel drops into the dips in the tarmac. might not be so noticeable in a power steering car but maybe more so with the manual steering of the kitcar.

just a thought to try and rule everything out.

Guest mower man

Front 1.5 my car runs at approx 1.0 rear but1.5 would be ok but no more [ personal view others may vary] mower man but check/adjust front angles in the order I gave it is important! :crazy: