Abs Freestyle Buggy In North West, £800 ono.

Guest Dave Skirrow

Guest Dave Skirrow

My old buggy for sale. Had it about 10 years and never managed to get it on the road. :( Managed to get it running a couple of years ago and drove it around a field for an hour but that was the only running it's ever done.

Learn more about them here - http://www.muddybuggies.com/

- Part built up poder coated chassis

- 1275 MG Metro Vanden Plas engine (head off and not been run for 10+years but was running fine before I removed it. Turns fine)

- Carb, filter alloy inlet

- Performance exhaust and manifold

- Modified rear subframe, hubs, drive shafts etc

- Most panels (rear arches and upper nosecone are not present but I think everything else is there)

- Brake and clutch master cylinders, steering column, rack

- Various other mini parts that I have accumulated over the years.

It's all be knocking around the garage for years so would benefit from stripping everything down and cleaning/repainting. That said the chassis is in pretty good nick, mainly just being dirty/dusty. Most of the major parts are there to get it running. I'll be really sorry to see this go but I'm never going to finish it sadly.

£800 ono for the lot, if I don't get any interest here I'll stick it on eBay. You'll need a trailer or a big van at a push.

RIMG0125.jpg

RIMG0126.jpg

RIMG0127.jpg

RIMG0128.jpg

RIMG0129.jpg

RIMG0131.jpg

www.leylandminiclub.com - then there's a link to the forum that I can't remember off the top of my head.

You can have a nosey at my GTM project too and see that you've not really got that much to do with this one in comparison.

Iain

Guest Dave Skirrow

Cheers! I'll check it out. Had someone asking various questions on another forum so here's some (really) detailed info about all the stuff that's with it

Had some questions so here's more detailed info for anyone it:

There are photos of a load of the bits included along with some of the bits mentioned in previous posts - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/247k6d5jgyhj75p/qWgaaoEEM-#/

Most of the major components you will need to get it drivable are there, although there might be a few bits missing.

Off the top of my head it includes:

- Space frame chassis which is in good nick but a bit dirty. Most body panels fitted.

- Front shocks and springs are in place and will need minimal attention. 2 scrap wheels attached to the front so it can be wheeled around like a big wheelbarrow.

- 2 front hubs are present, but I have a feeling there's a track rod end or something missing.

- Clutch and brake master cylinder are present but not bolted down as I took the master cylinder off to rebuild it

- Pedals present and need bolting down with clutch and brake cylinder

- Brake lines in place and shouldn't need attention

- Steering wheel/column and rack all in place and shouldn't need attention

- Seats are in, you might want to change them for something waterproof though

- Modified rear subframe is present (this is a front subframe from a mini modified to fit). It's yellow and rusty/oily. Would benefit from cleaning and repainting

- rear hubs/driveshafts are present, condition iffy, suggest strip down, clean, repaint and replace boots etc

- some basic wiring in place but a bit tatty

- handbrake in place and gearstick modified and present not not fitted.

- seatbelts fitted

- engine cover panel, spare wheel carrier, and exhaust guard present

- engine is a 1275 metro engine but not been run for 10 years. turns freely and been stored in my garage. Head off. Might be ok with a clean and refitting the head.

- HIF44 carbs with K&N filter on (a tatty) metro alloy inlet manifold

- Performance exhaust silencer (Mini sport one I think??) on a LCB Manifold

- Think I've got a radiator and most engine ancillaries

Obvious things that spring to mind that it's missing:

- Fuel tank. That's what the grey helium tank is for in the photos. It'll need making into a tank. Or you can fit a more traditional shaped tank behind the seats. Or use a converted fire extinguisher which is what I has but I binned it at some point.

- Upper nose cone. You'd either have to make something to cover the electrics (presumably a flat front made of metal) or get the original fibreglass part. I don't think they are currently in production. There was someone in the owners club who had a mould I think.. or was willing to copy his parts. That was a few years back though.

- Rear wheel arches - Similar situation to the upper nose cone.

- Probably loads of nuts, bolts clips, pipes etc etc

- If you want to IVA it you'll need all the other bits like lights. gauges, screw covers etc - I never got that far so the owners club is your best bet for that info.

Regarding wheels - I have a set of 10" revolutions which I was going to sell separately but I'd be willing to throw in if I get close to the price I'm asking for. There's a couple of issues with these.

Firstly, if you are planning on off-roading this then they will be too small really. However they should be great on the road (this is why I was going to fit them). If you want to off road you will want some 15" wheels or something.

Secondly, while they will fit the back, they won't fit over the standard mini brake calipers at the front. There are ways around this and I can throw in a pair of alloy calipers. Sadly, I managed to shear off one bleed screw on each caliper so you may not be able to bleed them properly without fixing it (drill out and tap a new thread).

and then:

Had someone ask for a list of what mini parts are with it. I can't list everything but here's a few of the bits, the rest are shown in the link to the photos at the bottom of this post:

- 2 new rear light cluster things- last photo below shows one of them

- The exhaust silencer mentioned above is a maniflow

- Spax adjustable shocks on the subframe

- Bag full of seatbelts and parts of minis and metros

- 2 radiators

- full mini wiring loom and full metro wiring loom (might have a few bits I've chopped out of them over the years)

- 3 HIF carbs, plus the one mentioned in a previous post making 4 in total. Some dismantled. Think there's 3 x HIF44 and 1xHIF38 from memory

- Another MG metro allot inlet manifold (in addition to the one mentioned in the above post)

- Another carb. Not HIF, the older type

- 2 K&N filters (plus a third mentioned in the posts above)

- Unused SU Carb rebuild kit.

- 4 pot alloy brake calipers as mentioned in above post

- MG Metro 4 pot calipers

- 4 coils

- dizzy

- There's then loads of suspension/brake bits etc that would take too long to list.

It's just crap I've accumulated over the years but very useful when something breaks as you can just dip into one of the boxes and there's a decent chance you'll have a spare. Condition of most of the above is as it was when removed from the cars. ie. Dirty and rusty, some of it knackered

• 3 months later...
Guest Dave Skirrow

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay. Yes it's still available although someone else is currently enquiring about it. If they don't want it you are next in line.

Cheers,

Dave

• 4 weeks later...