Pulley - Anyone Know What This Is?

lockyer89

When i bought the car a few months back, the guy gave me a box of spares. I only got round to having a look at exactly what was in there, it included some lifting eyes, old shocks, ht leads etc etc and this pulley... it doesn't have any markings apart from the A and R, it's obviously adjustable. Was just curious to what make, how much etc... Ta!

post-12914-0-98512400-1391601406_thumb.jpg

Guest mower man

It's a Quaife vernier adjustable cam pulley ,there should be a boss to fit the cam and a large thick washer to go with it ,the original retaining bolt is used , I have its brother on my 2.1 a nice peice of kit to dial correct cam timing in with a perf cam , I think new they are around £70/80 nice pick up!!! mower man :clapping:

A proper vernier. It's got the boss (hence you can see the slot for the woodruff). There should be a pin that fits into one of those holes around the centre to lock the two parts together at the desired setting and there should also be a big washer that fits over the centre hole - that should have a counterbore for the boss and a smaller one to take the head of the pin where it protrudes. If it's all there then it's a nice piece of kit as they aren't prone to slipping and "adjusting" themselves like the Piper or Kent style ones do. If there are bits missing then it's not worth much. The link to the ebay listing shows one disassembled so you can see what all the bits should look like.

Worth noting that Quaife make them in steel or alloy (although from memory they would only supply the alloy ones to Burton at one time). I remember needing a pair for a project a while back and they were far cheaper direct from Quaife than any of the resellers.

Iain