Pcv Valve Help Please

Guest danny88

Guest danny88

Hey guys, anyone got a picture of their pcv valve on their pinto engine please. I currently have a cylindrical motorcraft like valve coming out of the bottom of the block, but after doing some research some people are saying it is the flame trap and there needs to be a pcv valve which inserts into the top of it. I was advised then to run a oil catch tank. Obviously a pipe will run from the valve to the catch tank, but I've noticed the tank has two pipe ports. Where will the other go? As I'm running dcoe 40's and currently blocked off the vaccum on the inlet manifold as I'm not running a servo and I don't have one on my oil filler cap either due to engine clearances with the bonnet. If someone could help me that would be much appreciated. Cheers, Danny

If your not running the crank breather to the inlet and thus drawing the gases out then you should not have any valve fitted you should run direct to the catch tank and atmosphere. If you fit a valve pressure will build in the block and you end up with oil spraying out of the filler cap, path of last resistance. Happened to me, I had to remove the none return valve innards from standard pinto breather to stop it.

Jez

Guest mower man

Rally developments and possibly Burton supply an adapter ,remove the thing on the block [it will pull/lever out ] fit the adapter ,pipe to catch tank which should vent to atmosphere [ through a filter ] job done! ,I also added a pipe from cam cover and blanked the holes in the filler cap ,works fine . there are some stainless coffee/sugar/tea containers available in wilkinson type stores ideal at a couple of quid i used 3 for catch ,coolant,and screen wash much better value ! than billet tanks at £40 + mower man :crazy: :acute:

Guest danny88

So the burton pipe is a right angled stainless pipe that fits in the block where the old rubber valve was, is that right? And I would fit that as I have blocked off my inlet manifold vaccum? I would run a pipe from the elbow in the block to the oil catch tank, which would have a filter on the top venting to atmosphere? Problem being, all the oil catch tanks on eBay have to pipe ports. Would I just leave one without anything on?

Cheers guys!

Guest mower man

So the burton pipe is a right angled stainless pipe that fits in the block where the old rubber valve was, is that right? And I would fit that as I have blocked off my inlet manifold vaccum? I would run a pipe from the elbow in the block to the oil catch tank, which would have a filter on the top venting to atmosphere? Problem being, all the oil catch tanks on eBay have to pipe ports. Would I just leave one without anything on?

Cheers guys!

see pm mick :crazy: