Attention: All Superspec Owners

alanrichey

Guest stevenkirk

My last 4 digits are 8917 is registered 2007 with rover 2l T-series and MT5 gearbox - there is another Supespec over here in N. Ireland with 2 L turbo Vauxhall red top with type 9 box.

you can add mine to the list, 2.0 pinto, type 9 gearbox, chassis No is 8028 RHE 2B ## 0403,

## are I think 2 random letters (might be builders initials) but I'm not telling what they are (you don't know who's listening in) :ph34r:, I believe that the chassis numbers were initially made up, with part of it relating to the car itself (don't quote me cos I could be completely wrong)

the first 4 again random I think, RHE 2B we all know that one, the last 4 I think are the month and year of registration,

kit sorned at the moment will be taxing before easter

giving it a make over, with a few new whistles and bells

only had it 16 months, I'm no mechanic, but I'm doing my kit car apprenticeship, getting there and enjoying the rollercoaster ride

Ivan

as I understand it if it hasn't got a rover engine its not a true superspec.(unless of course its been changed from one)

I have a 2B of some description purchased in 2009 the invoice states that its a Robin Hood 2B superspec kit (emphasis on the KIT!! ) this of course was after the gbs takeover an were some of the last 2B kits sold

I could be wrong on any of the above of course and I'm sure others will correct me if I am.

Superspec roll bars sides are not verticle. The floorpan was recessed to take the recaro seats with runners. Dashboard was angled in centre . But these traits are on the dohc chassi but there were supplied in purple fibreglass bits. The dohc chassi was the prototype for the rover engine as they both had mt 75 gboxs

I think the bottom of the front suspension is also a giveaway for the Superspec. Wasn't it the only one to have 4 sets of pre-drilled holes in the lower wishbone for the bottom of the shocks ? Or did the later wishbone conversions have the holes ?

suspension1.jpg

Guest chris brown

Also the superspec had fixed scuttle and nosecone with a one piece bonnet whereas the 2B had alligater front and even if the builder cut it and fixed the scuttle the bonnet still is in 2 parts being fastened together down the center.

Boo!! It's been nearly four years but as I'm now enduring my 40th year I got permission to get my spec back on the road :) New fuel pump, bled the brakes, £10 worth of petrol and a pass first time on MOT on Tuesday... happy days, bring on the Summer (Actually, sod the weather it has a roof)

Mine's a Rover T-series, MT75 gearbox on an 05 plate. I'm in Kent nr Maidstone.

Guest Ian & Carole

Boo!! It's been nearly four years but as I'm now enduring my 40th year I got permission to get my spec back on the road :) New fuel pump, bled the brakes, £10 worth of petrol and a pass first time on MOT on Tuesday... happy days, bring on the Summer (Actually, sod the weather it has a roof)

Mine's a Rover T-series, MT75 gearbox on an 05 plate. I'm in Kent nr Maidstone.

Hello stranger thought you had sold up, I seem to recall you trying hard too.

Didn't try too hard Ian, we've only just had our bathroom fitted and I found the car underneath it LOL... it is good to be driving her again!

Mitch, all the kids will be at school in September, they're 12, 8 and the little one will be four shortly. All girls so it's getting loud and bitchy in my household! Another reason to get the two seater on the road. I hope you guys are keeping well?

W