Attention: All Superspec Owners

alanrichey

Hi Chris, hi Stephen, it's been awhile hasn't it!! I was looking forward to driving up the road to Detling but it doesn't appear to be happening.... Gutted, I was looking forward to seeing some old faces. Hope you're well.

W

Guest Ian & Carole

Hi Chris, hi Stephen, it's been awhile hasn't it!! I was looking forward to driving up the road to Detling but it doesn't appear to be happening.... Gutted, I was looking forward to seeing some old faces. Hope you're well.

W

Drive up the road to Stoneleigh then.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest QuadraDave

Hi AL I have just picked up the full set of fibre glass panels from Richard in Nottingham also finished my denso alternator and davies graig pump and controller mod all plumbed in and working got to sort iva now ordering complete new suspension this week aswell

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bugsy

Well hello! How long has it been since I was last here? Had a lovely surprise tonight when I looked under a load of stuff I have been collecting since the kids were born and found a Super Spec hiding under there!

It hasn't been running since we moved house nearly 6 years ago!!!

In short it needs a lot of attention after the last time I was in there I decided to re-wire it as I have never been happy with the wiring loom.

First job is to get the engine running, I have a new battery on it and turns over but doesn't fire, the coil looks to be corroded beyond its useful life and needs replacing.

Does anybody know what the original one was or what it can be replaced with?

Getting the engine going will spur me onto getting the car back on the road ASAP.

Cheers

Bugsy

• 1 month later...
Guest jwts

Hi,

My SuperSpec has the Rover 2ltr T series engine with the MT75 gearbox.

It left the RH factory in 2004 and i bought it very part built at the end of 2007. It was IVA'ed and registered December 2012.

I planned to take it to the Detling Show this year but as Will mentioned it didn't take place.

If anyone from Kent is reading this I'm quite keen on a meet. There is country pub near where i live with a large car park and I've seen other car and motorbike meetings there. I'm happy to go see if I can arrange a RH meet there if people are interested.

John (jwts).

Thanks John I had forgotten I posted this. Basically I have had replies from 18 Superspec owners with all their details. I know Pete the Dog has one but he hasn't told me which engine. The engine breakdown is:

12 owners still have the Rover 2.0L 'T' + MT75 (although 1 has the Turbo engine).

3 owners use the Zetec engine, 1 with a Type 9, 1 with an MT75 and one unknown

2 owners use a Pinto and a Type 9

1 owner has a Galaxy 2.3 !!

I'll message each of you with the details so you know who to ask Superspec-specific questions.

Al

Hi Al,

Think I may be the Zetec with the unknown gearbox.

Easily rectified, I have the MT75 'box.

Don't forget the Supercharged 'Spec that Jon (Owlman) has now completed.

It's interesting to see the various combinations (engine/gearbox) for what was a short 'production' run!

God knows what a similar exercise for the 2B would throw up!!

Cheers

Al

I have no idea how many were manufactured Al, but compared to the 2B it must be quite a short run.

Did read on here somewhere that it was 100, but that seems not enough to make the tooling/jigs etc.

But with RH, who knows??

Edited by Al Milton