Stoneleigh 2014 May 4Th-5Th

philshelton

Fantastic to catch up with everybody again.

Had a brilliant time as usual. :)

The BBQ smoke as now cleared from my eyes also! Lol.

Thanks to all for their continued hard work.

:drinks:

• Like 2

Thank you to everyone that made it such an enjoyably weekend and Thank you to all that helped get my car back together, run home was a lot shorter and didn't have to lift the bonnet of once :clapping:

• Like 3

Car unpacked after another great weekend, thanks to all who put in so much to make these events so successfully.

Pig and pie went down a treat.

Had a small hiccup half way home when giving it plenty of revs accelerating onto the M50, the car decided to give my left foot a wash with hot water, found a hose had split, so cut out the offending bit and refitted. Carried on home at a more sedate pace. Think I might have a head gasket gone.

Les

It was a great day, Sunday, and nice to put some more faces to names and catch up with some old friends. A big thank you to every one who put the stand and event together so the rest of us could just roll up and enjoy the day.

I managed to get there today, long nervous drive as car only back on the road a few days ago and carbs reset yesterday but what the hell I've got an AA card, as it happens I only stopped once unexpectedly on the way home running out of fuel

Carry a spare 5L so made next fuel station

Show had noticeably less stands with areas of some halls bare

Still the best show on the scene and one I will support as long as I can

It was noticeable that kit prices are getting higher, the finish is better and they are getting easier to build.

I went up with Jason another Essex kit car club member who has built a very well presented JPS Exocet 1.6 and I'm pleased to say my standard Pinto (bike carbs) S3a kept up well

Must sort handling as it struggled going into tight corners but exited well

Altogether a good fay

Guest chris brown

Another great weekend with some really great friends, what a club ! See you all soon

Agree there Dan what a great weekend, thanks to all for all there work that goes into making an event like this look so easy, it isn’t I know. The hog roast was probably the best yet

Owlman glad to hear you made it with no more problems.

]

Thanks all for making me and my mate very welcome, fist time i have been to a shown since i bought my kit, it is funny that i could recognise people by there cars and user names on this forum, but didn't have a clue what they looked like. Picked up a lot of useful build tips. Just what i needed to get my motivation back and finish the kit.

Neil

• Like 3

Guest Neil.Pritchard

Hi all, had a good day at the show picked up afew bits from trade stands. Picked up my new club t- shirt from Dan , will wear next weekend at Pencoed car show.

Had a good run back home left Stoneleigh at 4-00 arrived home 7-30 185 miles , only one stop for fuel . Good to see so many cars on the stand , will be booking the Oak pub for next year and will come for two days .

Cheers Neil.

Fantastic weekend. great people great cars and great weather.

Me and the mrs will now be known as 'the snobs' as we royal It up in hotels instead of slumming in tents. :rofl: :rofl:

Had some great banter sat round the camp fire.

Cant wait till next year . already booked a hotel

Quote of the weekend goes to steamers little girl

'' Daddy likes mummy juice ... mummy doesn't like daddys juice cos it takes of onion rings '' :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 4

Great weekend, Sunburnt even though I applied suncream. :)

Bought some interesting stuff including a Very Heavy 19,000 Volt transformer ... ( Now where's Igor got too ... :) )

Hog roast was the best one Ever. Well done Phil for finding that one. Brilliant service they provided.

Lots of faces both old and new as well as a Very Interesting Hard top Zero build.

Roll on Newark Hollowell and Donington...

Simon.