Tintop Hpi

Guest crutch

Guest crutch

advice required.

won tintop for wife on ebay. did quick hpi and shows outstanding fiance. contatced seller seems genuine and shocked about hpi report. He checked with evans halshaw where he bought it cash and they say it is clear and sent a report via experian showing it is clear.

He offered for me to speak with evan halshaw directly and has sent me the report which looks legite.

could this be an admin error, should i proceed seller is not a trader and seems straight. car is 8k

thanks

Bit of a minefield and my gut reaction would be to walk away.

However..... Was it actually an HPI check you di or was it one of these other outfits? The ones where you text the reg number have a reputation for false positives. You then phone them for further confirmation and they "do further checks" before coming back and telling you that it's OK after all. Thing is..... the call was on a premium rate number. Now far be it from me to suggest that they do this deliberately but I have my suspicions.

Just because it was clear of finance when the current seller bought it from Evans doesn't mean it is now. He might well have taken out finance to buy it and that's what's showing. If he didn't take it out through Evans then there would be no reason for them to know about it so they might well tell you it was clear then - more likely they would refuse to commit to an answer because they won't take any responsibility for a car they aren't selling.

I'd still be tempted to walk away and let the seller sort it if it's a problem with the checking company's records.

Iain

• Like 1

if you want it that much, do your own check as of today, like iain says he may have got it cash then, but dosnt mean it hasn't been refinanced

Buyer beware, if in doubt, leg it,

Mitch