Sierra Rear Caliper (Stupid Question)

femster87

I am converting the r6 to rear calipers. All the bit arrived today and i started fitting erm. The pads that came looks like this

DSCF4388_zpsf6238051.jpg

Are these retaining pins? if they are what do they hold on to on the caliper if you understand what i mean.

Also, the front wilwoods are squealing quite a lot. I have cleaned them down and lightly sanded the surface of the pads. Any pointer on how to get rid of the squeal?

They just sit in the calipers Femi, the spring just keeps them forward to stop them rattling.

Brake squeal is usually the back of the pad or end location dogs, not the friction face.

Whip the pads out and check all location faces are clean and apply a minute amount of copper slip to where the pads locate in the caliper and also to where the pistons contact the pad on the rear.

Another thing to try with them being 4 pots mate, are both sides of the calipers bled correctly?

:)

Guest Ian & Carole

Like Nick says copper grease on the edges and back face of the pads will cure your squeal and an added bonus is that when you come to service the brakes you know the pads will just slip out.