Possible Kent Runout / Meet

Bob Tucker

Hi Bob, the column is splined, I think the number of splines is 14, but won't know for definite until it's removed. Rally Design are only up the road at Swalecliff, about half an hour away - had forgotten about them :fool:

Tom, if you need a hand with anything, then an option for a run out could be to yours to drink your tea and eat your biccies!

Morning Al, (& Lana ) have just replaced the lower U/J on Florin, due to excessive play ( MOT advisory) Think the problem stemmed from the fact that the U/J was welded to the bottom shaft of the column ( heat affected bearing) made up a new lower shaft with new U/J that matched rack spline & both pinch bolted. Passed latest MOT & examiner commented " Glad to see it sorted".

Evening Bob (& Mo) & all, having had a good look at the lower UJ I can reveal that the UJ is fine!

The pinch bolt had loosened (God knows how, it was wellied up with a nyloc), at the steering rack end.

High tensile bolt and nut replaced, and thread locked for good measure, nice and solid feel now, but will keep a close eye on it.

The sun was shining, for a while at least, so thought i'd go for a short blast out to Manston to check, but the bloody battery was flat!

Ah well, you win some, you lose some