Iva Question

Guest elliot tanner

Guest elliot tanner

Morning All,

Long time since being on here, but I think it is time to get back in to RH ownership.

I am looking at a 95% finished RH 2B to purchase. Owner states the following:

IT HAS BEEN SVA'D AND THE LOG BOOK SAYS ROBIN HOOD.

JUST NEEDS SOME BITS FINISHING AND MOT

I

t has been built from a few new/reconditioned parts so not a complete donor. He is saying that it is classed on the log book as a RH 2B and has an 05 number plate. From my last experience of RH ownership (now many years ago) I thought it had to be built from one donnor?

Any advice appreciated.

New reg is given if all major parts are new and 1 reconditioned

The Super Soec was offered as a rolling chassis with new Rover Engine and Ford gearbox with a reconditioned Sierra axle and would get a new reg

IVA cert is exchanged at registration then you get a V5 and new reg

Age related reg is given for car constructed from single donor thus my S3A has a Y reg as donor was Y but not the same as donor

A collection of bits from several sources gets a Q

Guest alfaGTA

95% finished............ Not so sure about that!

Engine looks like an older silvertop zetec but not sure that engine plus carbs would have met the emissions standards for a 2005 registration, shirly it would have required fuel injection? And who would change from fuel injection to carbs?

EDIT; Unless it previously had a rover engine that went poo poo and the owner threw a zetec and carbs at it for an easy fix? Come MOT time it may struggle to pass emissions and will at least require a duel with DVLA over an engine swap.

Edited by alfaGTA

check all paperwork, check, the logbook for engine number, see if it matches the zetec, look for old mot certificate's, make sure reg and chassi number match,

I think the car is as said earlier, a superspec, but could be a DOHC chassi too, it may well have been on the road and is just been an engine swop which someone has bit of more than they can chew, which could work out a bargain, or could be a poor build and may be a pain in the arse to sort,

best way is to check it very closely ,

hth

Mitch