Help! Going Backwards! Starter, Inlet Manifold And Timing!

flameredturbo

Guest mcramsay

As I said previously the last time I had kick back was due to the coil pack being wired back to front so the wrong plugs were sparking at the wrong time. Is the loom your using home made? If so I would get a diagram and pin out of the ecu plug, and each each pin to make sure it's going to the correct pin on the plug on the other end. If you are using the type 9 box did you fit a spigot bearing in the end of the crank?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mcramsay

Also I'm not familiar with omen but on the emerald ecu you have to tell it what crank trigger you are using and what tooth pattern the flywheel is. I think the Zetec is 36-1, is this setting correct on the omex software?

Also I'm not familiar with omen but on the emerald ecu you have to tell it what crank trigger you are using and what tooth pattern the flywheel is. I think the Zetec is 36-1, is this setting correct on the omex software?

I confirmed with omex that the map is correct for the flywheel. I did think after though if it was possible to calibrate the sensor, as in set tdc or something like that.

We did discover some shocking electrics today though, if the ecu had an irregular switched charge/lost power mid crank would that cause these clunks??

Guest mcramsay

Just a thought the starter solenoid is operating correctly? If you have a bad engine earth or poor supply these can click in and out, and they go with a clunk?

Just a thought the starter solenoid is operating correctly? If you have a bad engine earth or poor supply these can click in and out, and they go with a clunk?

I'm hoping it is something along these lines, the clunk was definitely the flywheel and starter cog as the old starter mounts where broken from it happening.

Guest mcramsay

Check your starter wiring. Ie the solenoid is only live on the 3rd switch on the ignition key. Should go back to zero volts when the key goes back to position 2. Also if there is a slight possibility you have damaged the crank sensor I would change it.