2B Front Suspension Assembly

Guest Oscarborder

Guest Oscarborder

The front suspension on my 2B appears to be incorrectly assembled as the mudguard bracket is not there and I have noticed something that looks like filler foam at the bottom of the suspension. I have also found in a bag 2 steel tubing mounts, 6 nuts and bolts and a note from RH stating that these mounts should be fitted to the bottom of the chrome steel tube. Has any one got a detailed assembly of the suspension.

Guest peter2b2002

a photo might help, for cycle mud guards there is a bracket with 2 tubes that fits under the top dummy shaft on the top wishbone for long wings there is a long twisted tube that you need to cut up to make the wing supports gbs should be able to supply you with the correct supports or do what most hoodies do make your own

peter2b

testing my memory to the limit here, but i recall there was a mod called a top hat.

it fits inverted under the chrome tube (so it sits in it). fit 3 bolts each side through the top hat & the bottom wishbone.

this was because the bottom stud is very small & an odd thread.

A better solution is to remove the stud, drill & tap the shaft & fit a much bigger bolt with threadlock.

I did something sililar at the top....i didnt trust a stud & bolt in a slot.

You need something to stop the hub crashing against the lower wishbone.

It needs to be pretty tough. Foam is probably not enough.

The cycle bracket is a flat plate with a tube welded on. There are 2 bent lengths of tube that fit into it fore & aft.

There is also a flat plate (maybe the same one??) that has a stud that the top of the shocker fits to.

Gerry, as mentioned in another post, you are more than welcome to pop round and have a look at mine.

Or we can sort out some time at you car (is still at you friends garage)?

Bob, all that from memory? Seems there's nowt wrong with the grey matter :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D