Performance Drop

Guest Julesmc

Guest Julesmc

Hi

I hope someone can help,

I managed to snap my throttle cable this week, on my New S3, (2.1 pinto) knowing absolutely nothing about engines, this is based on nothing more, other than the adrenalin experience I encounter,

Apparently my hood delivers 130bhp at wheel, I can only back this up with the fact, that when I am accelerating hard, I'm to scared to engage third gear and continue at the same rate. (60+ in second) it's at this point that my eyes give up, and I have to start blinking, but since the new throttle cable has been fitted, there's no adrenalin rush, I can blink all I want, even scratch my arse, worst of all, I no longer have the confidence, that I'm going to leave the VW next to me at the lights, wishing he had not been so sensable in his choice of car.

Any thoughts on a fix would be very much appreciated.

Guest Julesmc

Have you checked to see you're getting full throttle opening at the carbs?

I can't emphasize enough how little I no about engines, I haven't checked anything yet but will first thing tomorrow, I would also like to point out that the tick over seems to be to high 1200 as appossed to the 900 before.

If tick over is increased it would suggest to me the throttle cable needs adjustment as mentioned above.

Also need to check the inner cable has enough movement, I.e the outer isn't restricting it.

Guest Julesmc

All just sounds like adjustment. Where in London are you?

west London, Kew bridge/Brentford, thanks of the advice, I'll try and get it checked over the next few days.