Midlands Area Run Out - Sunday 13Th April 2014

richyb66

Now summer is finally with us (well BST at least), I thought I'd arrange a run out for 2 weeks today, 13th April 2014 as I'm in the Midlands that weekend. I'd like to gauge some interest and get some ideas of a possible destination for a ride out for the day - set off sometime mid morning and return later in the afternoon.

Possibilities could be the Ponderosa cafe, Horseshoe Pass, LLangollen, somewhere in Peak District, RAF Museum at Cosford, with a stop off for some lunch. If anyone from ajoining areas (Leics, Staffs, Notts Derby etc) want's to come along and can suggest other possible destinations then post them up. Ideally I'd like the destination, route and meeting points confirmed by the end of this week.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Rich,

so sorry have Friends arriving from Berlin to stay with us for a week arriving at Birmingham Airport on 13/04/2014 hope all goes well for everyone and we have a Superb week of Good Weather.

Thank you

Steve

OK, this has had a week to air and there seems to be enough interest in having a run out somewhere, subject of course to getting some reasonable weather.

In view of locations of those that have expressed an interest in coming being somewhat spread out, I'm going to propose everyone meeting up somewhere roughly in the middle. This being the Halfords store near the junction of the A52 and the A515 just outside of Ashbourne DE6 1DU at 1100 hrs which is here:

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=DE6+1DU&hl=en&sll=53.01042,-1.743059&sspn=0.018668,0.049438&hnear=Ashbourne+DE6+1DU,+United+Kingdom&t=m&z=16

This is late enough to allow a bit of a lie-in but is still over an hours drive for most people so from here I’m suggesting we do a circular route up to Buxton then down to Bakewell, Matlock with a stop-off somewhere for some food. I’ve no detailed knowledge of this area so if anyone wants to pitch in with more detailed information or suggestions then please do.

If anyone has any other comments, wants to join in, needs to drop out then shout up. We’ll have a better idea of the weather towards the end of the week and everyone can make their own call nearer (or on) the day.

Ta.

The cat and fiddle is only 16 miles from Bakewell.. Biker fantastic pub on a great road... (hang on ...do i remember someone telling me its been totally ruined (sorry improved) with speed cameras?????)

http://www.catandfiddleinn.com/

This road became notorious for the high number of accidents, particularly among motorcyclists for whom the road is often regarded as an exhilarating technical challenge; an AA survey in 2003 named it as the most dangerous stretch of road in the United Kingdom.

Andi

Edited by Andi