Mot & Tax

Guest JammyJim

Guest Ian & Carole

This is one of those right hand left hand jobbies with the DVLAS and VOSA doing their own thing different ways.

If you had it MOT'd prior to SVA / IVA it will need MOTing every year

If you just had it SVA / IVA'd then not for three years.

Mine was MOT'd prior to SVA and didn't need an MOT for the 1st 3 years !!!!!!

I also know of builders who didn't MOT prior to SVA / IVA and they did !!! work that one out.

If you have your reminder for re taxing your car it will say on it if an MOT is needed.

It appears that every VOSA and DVLA office used a different hymn sheet to each other.

Some offices said you couldn't drive to the build up inspection as you could to SVA /IVA , Her at LINCOLN they told me I was OK to drive it there.

Long story sorry, short answer is there seems to be no definitive answer, try the on line service and it will not let you continue the process if you need one and they show that you haven't got one.

Guest JammyJim

Thanks Ian,

Guess I will have to wait and see, I did not have an MOT before IVA, but as it is age related using a Sierra donor I assumed it would need to be MOT'd at 1 year.

So had planed to get it done before Easter, but I don't expect tax renewal will be here by then. Think i will wait for Renewal as don't want to create problems.

I am still having problems with indicator stalk which I know how to sort but tester wont. I hope to locate one soon.

Jim

My Zero was IVAd on12/12/12 and registered and taxed April 2013 on a equivalant plate J reg when the tax expired in September I was informed by DVLA after spending forty minutes on the phone that the car should have had an MOT from September.I put the car on SORN and had it MOTd two weeks ago were the garage said according to there information the MOT was up in December 2013 so answer seems to be as usual take pot luck,and good luck with it

Guest JammyJim

Mitch have tried to process application online but it says no valid MOT for this vehicle. so guess that answers question.

Looks like I will need to book a MOT or try the V112 route as Richy suggested. And fix indicator/hazard stalk problem.

Jim