What Engine Change Should I Look At From My Pinto

Guest david_l_perry

Guest david_l_perry

I had pretty much assumed from previous threads that I would be looking at between 2-3k for the engine change irrespective of the cost of the engine itself......

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest david_l_perry

Ooohhh getting all excited about the Jag Duratec V6 option now....3.0L and it can look shiny shiny....

Alex (Ianjenn) has invited me over to point and rub chins at his after the Easter hols. He lives very close to me as it happens so will be good to check it out in the flesh, and it's a 2b so that also helps.

http://www.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=31973#entry240207

Guest wargob

Quite like the idea of a S2000

Don't think the s2000 engine will suit him as he ain't interested in going on the track they have no torque and they have to be kept at high revs all the time

Guest boggybogstar

s2000 also spin the wrong way so you can't put them on a ford box or you will be able to go very fast backwards but not so fast forwards. :)

No, thats wrong, my S2000 powered Zero is a fantastic machine - and I go forward far faster than i go backwards :-)

Mines mated to the stock S2000 (6 speed) box and performs really well, ive read somewhere that you can get a sandwich plate that allows you to use a type 9 but Im not sure what the benefits of doing that would be.

S2000 and box is 75kg heavier (I think) than a Zetec and type 9, but mines standard (with S2000 Plenum) and Emerald K6 and obtained 250bhp (flywheel), the torque max's out at 161lb but holds its max from about 3500rpm all the way to 9500 where the limiter is set.

Absolutley the best upgrade ive done .....

Edited by Tony B

Guest wargob

there would be no benefit from running any ford box with the s2000 engine, the stock s2000 box is the only way to go, its the best gear box i've ever used.

I would imagine the S2000 engine and box would be brilliant. I ran a civic type R for several years and you didnt need to cane it to make normal progress. It really got going after 5500 rpm and with that brilliant gearbox it was a very good hot hatch. Equally at home at a track day or at tesco's!