Dutton-Gts Panther On Ebay ... Beware !

Guest zoomzoom

For those of us less familiar with the Duttons... what exactly is wrong with this one?

Admittedly its not like any Dutton I've seen previously but I don't now all the types he made.?

He sold the Dutton last year with no paperwork or ID . Then he builds a car uses the identification from the dutton so it's not had a ava/iva when .so the build standard could be suspect. Corners could be cut. Safety compramised and the new owner may not be aware.

And it could be flagged (and will be now Dutton owners club know about it) and a the mot

Vosa Will refuse to test it. The police can remove all identification and make you.either scrap it or go. Through a IVA . There was a hood in last couple of yrs who suffered this

And he was extremely *bleep* off it happenf and ended up selling it as unregistered and needing iva and lost lots of money in process

Guest zoomzoom

The car for sale looks like a nice car so it's a shame that this guy is trying to take an illegal shortcut to get it on the road. I sent a message to him on eBay and just got a reply saying this car was built in 1986 and just improved by him this year but that car is a gts panther. He also said the dutton he sold on eBay without v5c or any papers was just a off road/track car and never had a reg. that's just rubbish

We must stop this happening as someone will get ripped off and we all lose if self build gets outlawed

Thanks for the feedback - as you say on the face of it its looks a reasonable car - so good that things like this are being spotted and highlighted.

Forgetting the obvious, that it is a 'ringer', I am surprised that it even got this far as a GTS Panther considering some of the stories over on Lowcostbuilders about the guy behind the company that supplied the GTS parts.

Guest alfaGTA

Tis only worth the sum of its parts, pity some poor bugger will end up with a "cheap" kitcar.

Looks a tidy enough build that would have passed IVA with a little effort but not with that engine/carb combo

Shame

does the gts panther get through IVA? eg if someone buys it knowing its a ringer and then puts it through iva would it be worth it for the right price?

The RH lightweight for example wouldn't be worth doing from what i understand due to the work involved but if this just needed injection to get through emissions then it wouldn't be so bad.

either way its a lovely looking dutton ;) although i thought duttons only had live rear axles? my cousin had a dutton sitting at my grandparents house for many years which never saw the road, probably a pile of rust by now. Looked crappy 15 years ago..

Probably the reason i bought a kit car though as i thought it was pretty cool (mine got to the road though :) )

I'm surprised the Dutton owners haven't started placing bids on these whenever they pop up and then when they win refusing to go through with it because it's not and never has been a Dutton.

They have been in touch with the owner.

Edited by theduck