Windscreen Wiper Spindle Thread Size?

Guest Jomeo69

Guest Jomeo69

As per the title. I dont suppose anyone knows the thread size for the spindles as supplied with the superspec kit by any chance. Think its a sierra wiper motor but im not too sure?

Many thanks in advance

joe

• 2 weeks later...

been thinking...... you could make a couple of bosses, 8mm thread down the middle with a round knurled diameter, the same size as a mini/lucas wiper system...... screw them on with a drop of loctite, then use mini arms?

i would offer to do them, but not got a knurling tool

if you can weld cut down the sierra ones and weld the return loop back on the end. You can then make short blade type wipers by cutting down/modding some long ones and they just click into the return like on a standard car.

You can also give the arms a twist so the blade is touching the windscreen at the correct angle.

can post a pic if you want of how i did it.

Making the arm shorter is the easy bit the trouble I'm finding is the bottom of the arm (with the spring underneath) is to long I would have to screw the blade to the spring holder directly. It just looks ugly